RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to add a new system

+2
Kayl
OfficialAzyria
6 posters

Go down

How to add a new system Empty How to add a new system

Post by OfficialAzyria 13/08/20, 06:19 pm

I love retrobat.. and i hope this lives on for a long time. My question is how do i add a new system.. and i may need help with it. what i mean by adding new systems is.. i have a whole bunch of games across different consoles that i want together (mainly the adult games) the reason i want to do this is i made a really cool system logo and background for it.. and its easier then going into my collections
OfficialAzyria
OfficialAzyria

THIAGO GONÇALVES likes this post

Back to top Go down

How to add a new system Empty Re: How to add a new system

Post by Kayl 13/08/20, 06:31 pm

Hello,

To be honest, users are not supposed to make their own modifcations on the system list. RetroBat offer a very integrated solution for emulator within EmulationStation interface. So adding an emulator is not as easy than just typing two lines and basta. The goal of RetroBat IS NOT to add endless emulators, but to make a better integration with less UI friction. The support offered on this forum is not intended to teach people making their own distro.

So if you search in this forum, you will find a technical answer to this question, but I'm tired to repeat again and again the same thing.

How to add a new system Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

Post by THIAGO GONÇALVES 20/08/20, 09:30 pm

I also had this need. I wasted valuable time creating custom themes for systems that I can no longer include. In the early versions of Retrobat, it was possible to include. Now in the latest version (which has a number of notable improvements), it also seems to limit users' intentions. As it is an open source (free) system, any modification made by the user would be the sole responsibility of the user and not the Developers who make Retrobat a reality, but I understand and respect when the objective is the stability of the system.

In this case, Resolved Topic.
THIAGO GONÇALVES
THIAGO GONÇALVES

Back to top Go down

Post by GJBNH 27/09/21, 01:38 pm

This thread was posted back in 2019...has it been changed since then? I understand the need for stability, but this doesn't seem like it would "destroy" the system, just become non-functional with the addition....
GJBNH
GJBNH

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonwiiss 26/12/21, 11:38 am

Kayl wrote:Hello,

To be honest, users are not supposed to make their own modifcations on the system list. RetroBat offer a very integrated solution for emulator within EmulationStation interface. So adding an emulator is not as easy than just typing two lines and basta. The goal of RetroBat IS NOT to add endless emulators, but to make a better integration with less UI friction. The support offered on this forum is not intended to teach people making their own distro.

So if you search in this forum, you will find a technical answer to this question, but I'm tired to repeat again and again the same thing.

Hello.
I tell you, I had no idea until the day before yesterday that I started to mount it, nor about retroarch, cores, systems, emulators ...
But hey, if I could do it in a couple of hours, I imagine anyone could do it.

The nice thing is what they have told you, which is official but those of us who have other systems added do not think the same.
I explain my situation and how I solved it, it may help you.
In my case I needed exactly the same, I had an old emulastation with 41 systems with its roms / images ... with the roms / gamelist that I copied from the raspberry

I decided to include Retrobat for the mere fact that the old emulestation that I downloaded took 2 minutes to boot and with Retrobat 5 Seconds, a very notable improvement.
On the other hand, what I needed my version to be portable, not installed in C, since I want to run it from my 500GB USB anywhere.

1- I downloaded it.
2- I took the entire installation to the USB, (a copy / paste).
3- I deleted emulationstation / .emulationstation and copied the .emulationstation that I had in my previous version Smile.

With this now it takes me 5 seconds to load and I still have all the consoles | roms | systems | themes .... and the rom will load whatever you have in the old "es_systems.cfg" file.

Obviously if you do all this shuffle you lose any support, I imagine and you have to be aware that if it breaks, it is your fault and under your responsibility, but hey in my case, the support I give myself Smile

For the portable version it worked for me with that (in my case), I don't know about yours but I think it's sililar.

For the NAS version, I had to do more things, it is a version that I have created to share the roms, the raspberry and the retrobat in such a way that it can be executed from a 4gb USB as long as you have the internet attacking a server that I have mounted at my place.

As I tell you, I'm very green in this and I assembled it in a couple of hours, so if you have knowledge of how it goes, it is easy I think.

Greetings
pokemonwiiss
pokemonwiiss

pokemonwiiss likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 26/12/21, 11:51 am

This kind of think is always possible, but you'll lose also great improvements on EmulationStation that F.Caruso bring in the latest ES version (theme, systems and a lot more).

The Retrobat version is 100% portable, the .exe is only here to link all relevant files the one with another, but at the end, you can move your Retrobat folder everywhere.

May I suggest you to have a test within the original Retrobat version, with standard settings ?
I also came to Retrobat because i was using Retroarch on PS Vita and PS Classic, then use ES to overide Retroarch within a better interface on PC, then try the F.Caruso fork of ES, to finally finish with Retrobat that fullfill 100% my needs.
Everyone is free to do whatever he want, but i can only advise you to have a look Wink

How to add a new system Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down