RETROBAT Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

retrorat retrorat retrorat ban me ban me

Go down

retrorat retrorat retrorat ban me ban me Empty retrorat retrorat retrorat ban me ban me

Post by Virtualman Thu 24 Sep - 3:02

Last edited by Virtualman on Fri 25 Sep - 0:48; edited 1 time in total
Virtualman
Virtualman

Virtualman likes this post

Back to top Go down

retrorat retrorat retrorat ban me ban me Empty Re: retrorat retrorat retrorat ban me ban me

Post by Kayl Thu 24 Sep - 15:34

Hello,

I don't know what every phase of your project means, but it look like you pretend to be involved in the development of RetroBat.

Phase 7 say that you'll release an "image" of your build. If your intention is to share games and bios, so I will be as clear as possible:

We don't want to promote RetroBat by sharing games or bios. These are copyrighted content and it is not legal to distribute them without the consent of the rights holders.

We do not accept any content on our media that claims to promote RetroBat but requests donations because they share copyrighted content that is not theirs.

For us, promoting RetroBat is simply giving feedback or helping other users to use it. You shouldn't think that sharing games that don't belong to you would help promote RetroBat.

Thank you for your attention.

retrorat retrorat retrorat ban me ban me Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

retrorat retrorat retrorat ban me ban me Empty Re: retrorat retrorat retrorat ban me ban me

Post by Virtualman Thu 24 Sep - 16:34

You totally have the wrong impression of me and my intentions. Yes I contribute to programing and much more... and I don't distribute roms.
I plan release just base image... as stated.

They told me you guys hard to work with... so I will probably not even bother making image with RetroBat based on your comment and attitude.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what every phase of your project means, but it look like you pretend to be involved in the development of RetroBat.

Phase 7 say that you'll release an "image" of your build. If your intention is to share games and bios, so I will be as clear as possible:

We don't want to promote RetroBat by sharing games or bios. These are copyrighted content and it is not legal to distribute them without the consent of the rights holders.

We do not accept any content on our media that claims to promote RetroBat but requests donations because they share copyrighted content that is not theirs.

For us, promoting RetroBat is simply giving feedback or helping other users to use it. You shouldn't think that sharing games that don't belong to you would help promote RetroBat.

Thank you for your attention.[/quote]
Virtualman
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman Thu 24 Sep - 16:44

Last edited by Virtualman on Fri 25 Sep - 0:49; edited 1 time in total
Virtualman
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman Thu 24 Sep - 16:59

Funny Retropie community did exactly same thing , and banned me - oh well was nice knowing you all.
Virtualman
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl Thu 24 Sep - 17:43

As I asked you "If your intention is to share games and bios", my message is for the clarification of your intention, if it's not your intention, there is no problem. But apparently, the fact I ask you that make you angry.

Donating doesn't give you any rights to the project, you haven't bought anything. You donated because I believe you enjoy RetroBat. RetroBat is open and free, it is our donation to the community and everyone can feel free to make a counter donation if they want to encourage us.

But obviously there has been a misunderstanding on this principle, so I will give you your money back since it was not a donation.

I need your paypal.me to give you your money.

Kayl
Kayl
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman Thu 24 Sep - 18:55

Last edited by Virtualman on Fri 25 Sep - 0:49; edited 2 times in total
Virtualman
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas Thu 24 Sep - 19:23

Thank you for wasting our time.

Goodbye forever... Razz

retrorat retrorat retrorat ban me ban me RTFFAQ2
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl Thu 24 Sep - 19:31

I need to check if you really are the same person who have made the "donation".

So please answer the question: What email provide you to paypal when you made the donation ?

Kayl
Kayl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl Thu 24 Sep - 19:37

And you give money to have good relation ?

You think we're some ancient tribes living in the middle of nowhere, like Christopher Columbus when he arrive in Guadalupe ?

Kayl
Kayl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman Thu 24 Sep - 19:41

Last edited by Virtualman on Fri 25 Sep - 0:50; edited 1 time in total
Virtualman
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl Thu 24 Sep - 19:58

Ok, that's right. Do you confirm the amount of the refund (I will send after your confirmation): 101,25 canadian dollars (corresponding to the conversion euro>cad)

65€ = 101,25 canadian dollars

Kayl
Kayl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman Thu 24 Sep - 20:02

Oui/Yes @Kayle
Virtualman
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by f.caruso Thu 24 Sep - 21:10

What's up with that conflict, guys ?

Dear Virtualman,

I watched your video & looked at the comments.
Please try to understand why Kayl was wondering what's the "RETRO- BLISS LEVEL-UP!" project ?
Does it include ROMs in the name of retrobat ? What's a fair question, don't you think ?

We are an open source project & work hard for free to make things work. The project exists because the projet is legal in the current way & would become illegal if some Retrobat distribution includes roms or bioses.

You said you won't distribute Roms/Bios. Good.
I don't know how an "Release Alpha build should be 5.3GB compress" can be as big without games included, but... With every emulators & bezels, distributions like batocera never exceed 1 Gb.

You totally have the right to add what you want to retrobat : splashes, themes, bezels, your own config files & defaults and make your own distribution & create "RETRO- BLISS LEVEL-UP!" project.
I'm fine with it.

Even if you distribute Roms, if it's your own "RETRO- BLISS LEVEL-UP!" project name.
I'm fine with it too, as soon as you use your own distribution name.
But it's natural we ask about it & we assure you do it at your own risks, not ours.

We just want to assure the project does not become illegal because some guy has a distribution in our name including such content.

Nothing more.

So as I'm concerned, I'm fine with all of it as long as you don't use the name retrobat in the image you provide. But it's not a reason not to thank the original project as it's common in the open source world.

You give thanks to some guys in the comments but you never thank "retrobat" or "batocera" or "emulationstation". Plus, in the video when you talk about "retrobat" you call it "retrobatocera"... That's really strange way to thank & support people, I think...

f.caruso
f.caruso
Admin

Kayl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman Thu 24 Sep - 21:46

I have over 30+ themes Smile trust me no roms good lord...
Virtualman
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman Thu 24 Sep - 21:50

but I'm really leaving this project I spent over a month just getting all systems to flare up properly... I'm just insulted that would treat me like that... I love tweaking and don't even play games, i figure stuff out and love to thinker and figure things out. Just make it work is fun part and optimization... anyhow we got on wrong foot big time... I wanted a change from Retropie tired of Raspberry Pi3/4 ... RetroBat seem like a good fit with seamless transition so I was really hyped to make it all work with my content... ... said... i got same hammer Retropie scene and banned me. You an ban me...
Virtualman
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman Thu 24 Sep - 21:55

I would really like to try make this work... but my plan is to release build with no roms but with all my tweaks/optimization ... if there is code i will share like video intro randomizer etc...
Virtualman
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman Thu 24 Sep - 21:59

It's probably best to ban me at this time, I will stick to Linux Batocera.org as no one seems to understand huge following i have 8200+ members on my forum and joy I bring to many retro-heads. These old systems deserve to be played as they will all be instinct....
Virtualman
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman Thu 24 Sep - 22:25

Last edited by Virtualman on Fri 25 Sep - 0:51; edited 1 time in total
Virtualman
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by f.caruso Thu 24 Sep - 22:37

Why are you reacting like that ?

You acte as if you only read what you wanted to read, ignored the rest of way we said, and made your own interpretations...

Nobody insulted you & you were not treated AT ALL.

You come with a demo video of "RETROBLISS level up" which is based on retrobat with a custom theme & a custom splash, without any precisions on your intentions, claiming in your video comments it's the project you're working on, without naming our work or the retrobat project anywhere in your comments... and you add in the comments that you will provide a full download that will be > 5Gb ?!?

So ?
What did you hope ? That we'll say " Wow !!!! Your project is so wonderfull !!! " without asking any questions ?
Is that what you were waiting for, really ?

Naturally, Kayl asked for precisions about your intentions & the project you claim you work on & warned you abouts the rom thing.

Is that really suprising ? Think a little bit about it...

The way you react to all this is totally oversized.

Take a step back, have a drink ;-)

Peace & be wild ;-)

f.caruso
f.caruso
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman Fri 25 Sep - 0:06

Can we please press reset - delete this post so we can start over where i have good intentions none of them are bad. No one likes me so I will leave this forum...
Virtualman
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by f.caruso Fri 25 Sep - 0:36

I have no reasons delete this post & I have no reason to ban you. It's not my way to work.
What is said is said, history is history. Why erase or rewrite history ?
We all just have to take responsibility for what we are and what we say.

So, you can delete you account by yourself I you want to.
Free to you.

f.caruso
f.caruso
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman Fri 25 Sep - 0:43

@f.caruso please check DM..
Virtualman
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by f.caruso Fri 25 Sep - 1:24

I did... I just ignored it because banning a user & deleting entries in a forum is not my way to work with people, sorry.

So, you can delete you account by yourself I you want to.
It's free to you.

f.caruso
f.caruso
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum