RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I add a new system in emulationstation?

4 posters

Go down

Can I add a new system in emulationstation? Empty Can I add a new system in emulationstation?

Post by erikop87 24/09/20, 02:24 pm

Hello, how are you? I would like to add a new system in the "es_system.cfg" file, such as PolyGame Master.
But when adding the system and running retrobat, it returns to the default configuration, creating a "es_system.invalide.cfg" file.
Is there any way to add a new system?
Thanks greetings.
erikop87
erikop87

Back to top Go down

Can I add a new system in emulationstation? Empty Re: Can I add a new system in emulationstation?

Post by Lorenzolamas 24/09/20, 02:41 pm

Hello,

PGM is already available with MAME.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Can I add a new system in emulationstation? Empty Re: Can I add a new system in emulationstation?

Post by erikop87 24/09/20, 03:32 pm

Lorenzolamas wrote:Hello,

PGM is already available with MAME.
Yes, I already knew that, I don't know if it was explained to me well, I mean to add it in the menu, in the same way as this CPS1, CPS2, CPS3.
Thank you for answering so quickly.
erikop87
erikop87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 24/09/20, 06:40 pm

Themes for CPS systems are an exception in the world of EmulationStation.
To add additional systems, you must create collections.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erikop87 24/09/20, 10:02 pm

Thank you very much for your help. Would it be possible for you to tell me how to create the collections? I am going to look for information to see if I am able to get it.
Again, thanks, greetings.
erikop87
erikop87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 24/09/20, 11:26 pm

try like this:

at 3:00
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erikop87 25/09/20, 01:09 am

I was referring to creating a new system in emulationstation, which would appear in the main menu with the corresponding logos, modifying the file "es_systems.cfg" and adding the image of the logo in the theme.
But if it is not possible I will finish it by doing as you indicate in the video.
Thank you so much for everything.
erikop87
erikop87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 25/09/20, 10:33 am

Yes it is possible, but we are not going to make a theme and a folder for each system. Mame for example emulates hundreds of systems, you imagine how many themes and directories it would be necessary to create? affraid
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erikop87 25/09/20, 04:00 pm

hehehe, I know it would be very tedious, the only thing I want is to add just one more.
But when I modify the "es_system.cfg" file, it reloads the default configuration and I don't know how to save the configuration after modifying it.
Thank you.
erikop87
erikop87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 25/09/20, 06:53 pm

This is not possible because if everyone starts to make changes, the support will be complicated.
Also, if you update, it'll erase all your changes...
Please use the collections. Wink
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erikop87 25/09/20, 07:24 pm

Perfect, I'll do it for collections then Very Happy .
Greetings thank you.
Edit: I have finally solved my problem of adding a new system.
I have created an automatic game collection adding only the IGS platform and since I had the IGS roms inside the "fbneo" folder, it recognized them perfectly after restarting Retrobat. Besides, I have changed the IGS logo that came by default because I didn't like it and I have put the Polygame Master logo on it.
Again, thanks for everything and greetings, I hope that it will be useful to someone.
Can I add a new system in emulationstation? Pgm10
Can I add a new system in emulationstation? Pgm210
erikop87
erikop87

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by neiguerra 01/10/20, 11:27 pm

Hello. the project 64 emulator is not working.
neiguerra
neiguerra

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 01/10/20, 11:39 pm

neiguerra wrote:Hello. the project 64 emulator is not working.
?? scratch

why you post this message here?
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 02/10/20, 11:01 am

neiguerra wrote:Hello. the project 64 emulator is not working.

Please open a new thread and give us more details than just "project 64 emulator is not working".

Can I add a new system in emulationstation? Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down