RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bezel Issues - MAME ignoring info file

2 posters

Go down

Bezel Issues - MAME ignoring info file Empty Bezel Issues - MAME ignoring info file

Post by jdotfite 16/11/21, 03:48 pm

Hi guys, new retrobat user here. I really appreciate the work that went into this.  

I am stuck and looking for some help with MAME bezels.  No matter how I adjust the screen size and x/y positions in the mame.info file, they are ignored.

Here is what I know from troubleshooting:

• If I adjust the transparency of the bezel in mame.info, the transparency changes correctly (confirming I am editing the correct file)
  • If I change the bezel design (mame.png file), I see the new updated png bezel when launching a mame game (confirming I am editing the correct file)
  • If I adjust the x/y positions, it has no impact (screen loads in the center of screen full size)
  • If I take the my updated mame.info file and rename it to dreamcast.info and launch a dreamcast game, it works exactly as expected. (screen is smaller, x/y positions are being read)

Here is the example same .png and .info file being used, just renamed for mame and one for dreamcast.  Dreamcast is reading the x/y position and screen size from .info file, but MAME is not  (images resized to 50% for viewability):

Dreamcast: (reading dreamcast.info file correctly and displaying the screen smaller)
Bezel Issues - MAME ignoring info file MAVa30M

Mame: (ignoring mame.info file screen size settings and showing full size)
Bezel Issues - MAME ignoring info file WsqUUq8

Here is the .info file  used in both example photos above:
{
"width":1920,
"height":1080,
"top":101,
"left":461,
"bottom":128,
"right":458,
"opacity":1.0000000,
"messagex":0.200000,
"messagey":0.200000
}

Is there a setting somewhere that needs adjusted so that MAME will respect the .info file's x/y and screen position?

Additional bezel related question.

I was making the assumption that if a specific game bezel exists, it should it override the system bezel.  Is this correct?  I tried the following:

Example:
NFL Blitz 2001 (dreamcast)

Rom:
RetroBat\roms\dreamcast\NFL Blitz 2001\NFL Blitz 2001 (USA).gdi

Bezel:
RetroBat\system\decorations\default_unglazed\games\dreamcast\NFL Blitz 2001.png
RetroBat\system\decorations\default_unglazed\games\dreamcast\NFL Blitz 2001.info

When the game loads, it just loads the system bezel from:
RetroBat\system\decorations\default_unglazed\systems\dreamcast.png
RetroBat\system\decorations\default_unglazed\systems\dreamcast.info

I also tried to match the GDI file name:
RetroBat\system\decorations\default_unglazed\games\dreamcast\NFL Blitz 2001 (USA).png
RetroBat\system\decorations\default_unglazed\games\dreamcast\NFL Blitz 2001 (USA).info

Any insight on these issues would be great.  Thanks in advance!

Neutral  I just noticed the "screen saver" mode is showing MAME game previews and the screen size and position are correct (reading the mame.info file correctly) but it is still full size when I launch the actual game...
jdotfite
jdotfite

Back to top Go down

Bezel Issues - MAME ignoring info file Empty Re: Bezel Issues - MAME ignoring info file

Post by jdotfite 17/11/21, 07:26 pm

I moved my roms from the mame directory to the arcade directory. I renamed the mame.info and mame.png files to arcade.info and arcade.png files and things are now working as expected.

Not sure what was overriding the mame.info file.
jdotfite
jdotfite

Back to top Go down

Bezel Issues - MAME ignoring info file Empty Re: Bezel Issues - MAME ignoring info file

Post by globeron 08/07/23, 05:20 am

For the Bezels, this is the directory that worked for me (using a TI-99/4A and using MAME)

C:\RetroBat\saves\mame\artwork

put here genhorizontal.zip

and horizont.ini in C:\Retrobat\bios\mame\ini

horizont.ini:
#
# CORE ARTWORK OPTIONS
#

fallback_artwork genhorizontal

# Uncomment next line to use this for all games
override_artwork genhorizont

These posts helped:

https://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_generic.php (e.g. download genhorizont.zip)

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/54304-default-mame-bezels/

globeron
globeron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down