RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retrobat runs but only shows in task manager [Resolved]

2 posters

Go down

Retrobat runs but only shows in task manager [Resolved] Empty Retrobat runs but only shows in task manager [Resolved]

Post by moisms 24/08/22, 04:56 pm

Hello, I come here, directly to the forum, to ask about an error in my retrobat system that has been affecting me badly for some time now.
Every time I install Retrobat, after a while, having run multiple times, you run again and it seems to no longer respond.
I know it's running because in the Task Manager it appears running, but from there it doesn't happen, it doesn't open anything.

The only solution is to reinstall clean retrobat, and pass the bios and roms to clean retrobat, thus losing theme settings, controls, video resolutions, etc.

I would like to know if any of you have had the same problem, and if you could provide me with a solution, which does not consist of the continuous reinstallation of my system.

Thank you very much, I hope the answer of someone who can help me solve my problem.

Last edited by moisms on 27/08/22, 04:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
moisms
moisms

Back to top Go down

Retrobat runs but only shows in task manager [Resolved] Empty Re: Retrobat runs but only shows in task manager [Resolved]

Post by moisms 27/08/22, 04:05 pm

Solution: Run "emulationstation.exe" instead of retrobat, as settings are preserved, and the gameplay, look, and execution is the same as running "retrobat.exe".
moisms
moisms

Back to top Go down

Retrobat runs but only shows in task manager [Resolved] Empty Re: Retrobat runs but only shows in task manager [Resolved]

Post by Lorenzolamas 23/10/22, 02:23 pm

You realy think retrobat.exe is just an shotcut to launch emulationstation.exe ? wtf??

No one but you has this problem.

This problem does not come from retrobat, but from your PC.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by moisms 24/10/22, 02:12 pm

It does something else? I ask for information, because i run emulation and the emulators run as i want.
You can tell me what settings add retrobat ? To know, if when im executing emulation.exe i am losing settings.

Thanks !

By the way, regardless of whether it is my pc, it is a solution that I am contributing to an error that is occurring.
It's not a bad thing to add that I can run the emulators without directly using retrobat.

moisms
moisms

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 24/10/22, 05:48 pm

All options inside retrobat.ini work with retrobat.exe

That's a lot

if you don't use retrobat properly, we can't provide support.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down