RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible to change the gamelist.xml path

3 posters

Go down

Possible to change the gamelist.xml path Empty Possible to change the gamelist.xml path

Post by voo2 19/06/23, 02:09 pm

I saw that I can change the path to the gamelist.xml in the retrobat.conf. But does it have any negative impact to any functions or addons like retroarch, scraper etc?
voo2
voo2

Back to top Go down

Possible to change the gamelist.xml path Empty Re: Possible to change the gamelist.xml path

Post by getupor 19/06/23, 02:14 pm

Hello

Changing paths are definitely a bad idea.
If you want to change roms locations, you better use symlink (3 clicks with the software)

Possible to change the gamelist.xml path Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Possible to change the gamelist.xml path Empty Re: Possible to change the gamelist.xml path

Post by voo2 19/06/23, 02:19 pm

no, I really only meant the path of the gamelist.xml. I have different systems (Windows, Anbernic Handheld, RaspberryPi), each accessing my roms folder, which is on a NAS. Since I have different favourites depending on the system, and sometimes even hide games (because they don't run smoothly on the handheld, for example), it's stupid if it then affects the other systems.
voo2
voo2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 19/06/23, 02:19 pm

Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by voo2 19/06/23, 02:28 pm

hmmm, thanks for the answers and the link. I already know (and use) the link shell already. But this is not the solution of my problem. the gamelist.xml of my handheld should be different to the gamelist.xml of my Retrobat (other favorites, other hidden games etc). But both use the roms from a NAS. Of course I'm using symlinks here... but the gamelist.xml is also linked, that is why I have asked for a solution.
voo2
voo2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down