RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Liberto/Retroarch ScummVM not finding games....

2 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Liberto/Retroarch ScummVM not finding games.... Empty [RESOLVED] Liberto/Retroarch ScummVM not finding games....

Post by drylightn 28/06/23, 11:53 pm

Hi All! I am trying to get my ScummVM games to work in the liberto version of the emulator, but when I attempt to launch them, I just get this "game not found":

If I switch to non-liberto Scumm, they launch fine from ES. I can even add the game directly to the list in the liberto/retroarch menu you see above and it works fine there, I just can't launch them directly from Emulation Station. Thoughts?

Last edited by drylightn on 01/07/23, 06:35 am; edited 1 time in total
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Liberto/Retroarch ScummVM not finding games.... Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Liberto/Retroarch ScummVM not finding games....

Post by tartifless 28/06/23, 11:55 pm

Can you show your .scummvm file content ?

[RESOLVED] Liberto/Retroarch ScummVM not finding games.... Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Liberto/Retroarch ScummVM not finding games.... Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Liberto/Retroarch ScummVM not finding games....

Post by drylightn 29/06/23, 12:03 am

@tartifless Sure! So I have a file called: Amazon - Guardians of Eden.scummvm

And the contents of the file is just: amazon

And the file is located here:
C:\RetroBat\roms\scummvm\Amazon - Guardians of Eden
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 29/06/23, 07:23 am

Have you followed the wiki ?
The shortname inside the file should be access:amazon

Not amazon.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drylightn 29/06/23, 08:34 am

@tartifless Yes, i had it that way originally (didn't work), but then shortened it to just amazon. The shorter names work fine with all other Scumm roms as well. I put it back and tried it again, no luck
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 29/06/23, 08:35 am

And it's only this game ?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drylightn 29/06/23, 06:50 pm

@tartifless No, it's all the ScummVM games EXCEPT Blade Runner, which seems to work for some unknown reason. At first, I thought it might be spaces in the file path, but there are other games that have no spaces in the name (like loom) that don't work. So I have no idea. Again, if i switch ES over to regular Scumm, all the games work fine. Also, full disclosure, I didn't test every single game in the library, but out of 20ish games, Blad Runner was the only one that loaded in liberto mode.
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 29/06/23, 07:02 pm

Very strange as it works for all of us with all scummvm versions

Can you do the following:
1) in retrobat\emulators\retroarch\cores ==> delete the scummvm core
2) in retrobat\bios : delete the scummvm folder and scummvm.ini file
3) From here : download the scummvm.zip file: https://buildbot.libretro.com/assets/system/ScummVM.zip
4) Extract the zip file you downloaded in your retrobat\bios folder (it will create a new scummvm folder inside the bios folder)
5) go to this page and download the file scummvm.ini by clicking the download button in the top right of the window where you see the file content: https://github.com/RetroBat-Official/retrobat-bios/blob/418cc35def753bece03ff56bef1021249e791bc1/scummvm.ini
6) Copy this file to retrobat\bios

Now try again to run the games with libretro:scummvm

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drylightn 29/06/23, 10:37 pm

I did all the steps above, went to ES and tried to load a scumm game using liberto. It told me the scumm core was missing and asked if i wanted to DL it. I said yes, it downloaded, and then I got the same error message/screen from the initial post again Sad However, now some games are telling me that I'm missing the bios files and do I want to run it anway? I click yes, i get the same errors/screen I had in my initial post.

**update: i copied my md5 verified mt32_control.rom and mt32_PCM.rom back into the extras folder and the missing bios has gone away, but still won't launch games from ES using liberto:scummVM (other than blade runner).
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 29/06/23, 11:16 pm

Can you show your roms\scummvm folder (with the path) and also the content of one game as we'll as the content of the scummvm file ?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 29/06/23, 11:24 pm

Also try and rename your game Folders without the '-' sign

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 29/06/23, 11:32 pm

Can you give me the exact name of your "loom" folder ? As it works by me and i would like to see if it is related with your folder naming

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 29/06/23, 11:58 pm

And worst case scenario : follow the wiki to install the game within the emulator, you will get a shortname that you can use to launch it from the libretro core.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drylightn 30/06/23, 12:24 am

Sure, the loom folder is a good test. Mine looks like this:
C:\RetroBat\roms\scummvm\Loom

Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is CC00-1AEB

Directory of C:\RetroBat\roms\scummvm\Loom

06/29/2023  05:17 PM    <DIR>          .
06/29/2023  05:14 PM    <DIR>          ..
12/24/1996  11:32 PM             8,307 000.LFL
12/24/1996  11:32 PM             2,613 901.LFL
12/24/1996  11:32 PM             4,193 902.LFL
12/24/1996  11:32 PM             2,019 903.LFL
12/24/1996  11:32 PM             4,388 904.LFL
12/24/1996  11:32 PM         4,059,462 DISK01.LEC
06/27/2023  03:40 PM                26 Loom.scummvm
12/24/1996  11:32 PM       264,474,839 Track1.fla
              8 File(s)    268,555,847 bytes
              2 Dir(s)  159,672,352,768 bytes free

The contents of the loom.scummvm file is: loom-vga

If i try to run this with liberto scumm, same error as we've been discussing.

Yeah, i've been using the shortnames generated by scummvm (installing them there, getting the shortname, using those to launch). But it just never works through liberto, only through straight scumm.
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 30/06/23, 12:26 am

Did you also install inside the libretro scummvm ?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 30/06/23, 12:28 am

Quick way to see is to open the bios\scummvm.ini file and see if there is an entry for loom-vga.

If not copy the entry from emulators\scummvm\scummvm.ini into bios\scummvm.ini file

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drylightn 30/06/23, 04:04 am

I had tried that before, but I tried it again. I can add and launch it from the liberto menu, but I still can't launch it direct from ES.
[RESOLVED] Liberto/Retroarch ScummVM not finding games.... Retroa10

To be clear, I get the error above when i try to launch from ES. If I go click on start, it loads fine.
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 30/06/23, 07:25 am

Can you click on game options and show the screen ?

And as resuested, show us a screenshot of the look folder ?

And also show us the content of the emulatorlauncher.log file located in retrobat\emulationstation folder
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drylightn 30/06/23, 06:02 pm

Sure, here is the image of the game options in liberto:
[RESOLVED] Liberto/Retroarch ScummVM not finding games.... Retroa11

Here is the launcher log file:
Code:
2023-06-30 10:55:39.547 [INFO]      --------------------------------------------------------------
2023-06-30 10:55:39.555 [INFO]      [Startup] "C:\RetroBat\emulationstation\emulatorLauncher.exe"  -gameinfo "C:\Users\lastd\AppData\Local\Temp\emulationstation.tmp\game.xml"  -system scummvm -emulator libretro -core scummvm -rom "C:\RetroBat\roms\scummvm\Loom\Loom.scummvm"
2023-06-30 10:55:39.640 [INFO]      [Game] Loom
2023-06-30 10:55:39.804 [INFO]      [Generator] Using LibRetroGenerator
2023-06-30 10:55:40.298 [INFO]      [Running] C:\RetroBat\emulators\retroarch\retroarch.exe -L "C:\RetroBat\emulators\retroarch\cores\scummvm_libretro.dll" "C:\RetroBat\roms\scummvm\Loom\Loom.scummvm"

Re: the "look" folder, i assume that was a typo and you mean the "loom" folder? If so, I copied and pasted the contents of the folder in my other post above?
https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t1529-liberto-retroarch-scummvm-not-finding-games#9282

Is that not what you wanted for that?
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 30/06/23, 08:13 pm

Can you show with a screenshot the content of the loom.scummvm file ?

And also the content of the scummvm.ini file located in retrobat\bios folder ?
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drylightn 30/06/23, 08:34 pm

Sure, here you go:
[RESOLVED] Liberto/Retroarch ScummVM not finding games.... Scumm-10
[RESOLVED] Liberto/Retroarch ScummVM not finding games.... Loom_s10
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 30/06/23, 10:29 pm

Can you enable retroarch logs and see what's in there after trying to launch ?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 30/06/23, 10:30 pm

Also can you remove the 2nd empty line of the .scummvm file to check ?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 30/06/23, 11:38 pm

I was able to reproduce your issue, my file was encoded in UTF8-BOM and it failed, when i changed the encoding to UTF8, it worked again.

[RESOLVED] Liberto/Retroarch ScummVM not finding games.... AEI6KEo

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drylightn 01/07/23, 06:30 am

@tartifless That worked! I converted them to UTF-8 and they seem to play now! Thanks for all your help. What a strange, obscure, issue.
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down