RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ Bug ] View Customizations File Extensions

Go down

[ Bug ] View Customizations File Extensions Empty [ Bug ] View Customizations File Extensions

Post by FiveOver014 09/02/24, 02:36 am

Good morning, Good Afternoon and Good Night,

Found an annoying little bug in the 'View Customization - File Extensions'

Here's what happens.

Was working under the NES system. Choose to hide some of the file extensions so I could only see those games with those file extensions. There are five options those being
.7z
.fds
.nes
.wad
.zip

I only wanted to see those files with the .zip extension. Unfortunately, there was none with that '.zip' extension. Therefore, Retrobat crashed and once restarted, the NES Console was no longer showing under the available consoles.

And with no way of seeing the console, we could not go back into the View Customization -> File Extensions and recheck to see the other extensions.

To get the console back, we had to open the 'es_settings.cfg' file and remove the <string name="nes.HiddenExt" value="**************" /> and save the file.

Once that was done, the console came back and all was back to normal.

Therefore, I do believe that there should be a way to still see the console, but have no games displayed so that one can re-initialize those extensions.

FiveOver
FiveOver014
FiveOver014

Back to top Go down