RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vpinballx not launching B2S

+8
tartifless
Striker
howlerbr
getupor
RetroTonic
scorpio
Virtualman
retroboy
12 posters

Go down

Vpinballx not launching B2S Empty Vpinballx not launching B2S

Post by retroboy 11/02/24, 02:21 am

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help,

I'm having an issue where the B2S back glass is not launching with the latest version of Retrobat, however it was working in previous versions.

The problem seems to be the launch script, here is an example from the latest version...

V:\RetroBat\emulators\vpinball\VPinballX64.exe -Minimized -Ini V:\RetroBat\emulators\vpinball\VPinballX64.ini -play "V:\RetroBat\roms\vpinball\A Charlie Brown Christmas.vpx"

However, If you run this without the VPinball64.ini string, it will work...

V:\RetroBat\emulators\vpinball\VPinballX64.exe -Minimized -play "V:\RetroBat\roms\vpinball\A Charlie Brown Christmas.vpx"

If anyone can help with a fix or a work around, that would be great.
retroboy
retroboy

Virtualman, scorpio, Striker, RetroTonic, crambonetv, chipntschip, Didi and like this post

Back to top Go down

Vpinballx not launching B2S Empty Re: Vpinballx not launching B2S

Post by Virtualman 11/02/24, 03:28 am

Same issue here on RB6.0 , Retrobat please disable this flag -ini as it's killing the overall experience and we cannot utilize backglass properly and possibly causing more problem. -ini it's trully not needed period. It will just cause more problems and rather use visual pinball overall configs on it's own please. Yes on latest vpinball 10.8 RC1.

In all honesty Retrobat please retain same syntax you used before RB 5.3 example emulatorlaunch command. I have confirmed this is working just find with VP 10.8 RC1 (64bit) I make copy of vpinball64.exe as vpinballx.exe but noticed your now using vpinball64.exe (i'm ok with this but please refrain from using -ini and stick with -ExtMinimized vs. using -Minimized).
V:\RetroBat\emulators\vpinball\VPinballX.exe -ExtMinimized -play "V:\RetroBat\roms\vpinball\RETRO-BLISS Pinball.vpx"

RB 6.0 Emualtor launcher clearly uses this -ini (NOT working .directb2s won't flare up at all) Tried multiple tables with b2s same thing.

V:\RetroBat\emulators\vpinball\VPinballX64.exe -Minimized -Ini V:\RetroBat\emulators\vpinball\VPinballX64.ini -play "V:\RetroBat\roms\vpinball\A Charlie Brown Christmas.vpx"

Zero backglass
Vpinballx not launching B2S Image

RB 5.3 never used -ini, removing this switch in command line works flawless and will be far less complicated.

V:\RetroBat\emulators\vpinball\VPinballX64.exe -Minimized -play "V:\RetroBat\roms\vpinball\A Charlie Brown Christmas.vpx"

Working without -ini

Sincerely,
Virtualman

scorpio, jessereb@gmail.com, retroboy, Striker, crambonetv, chipntschip, Didi and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 11/02/24, 09:24 am

Hello,

Retrobat natively supports v1.0.7 of VPinball, not yet 1.0.8.

When 1.0.8 will not be beta anymore, we will update support.
The .ini is required for newer 1.0.8 versions that have recently move settings to .ini instead of registry.
So indeed, when using older 1.0.8, the .ini is not yet implemented.

Vpinballx not launching B2S Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 11/02/24, 12:56 pm

tartifless wrote:Hello,

Retrobat natively supports v1.0.7 of VPinball, not yet 1.0.8.

When 1.0.8 will not be beta anymore, we will update support.
The .ini is required for newer 1.0.8 versions that have recently move settings to .ini instead of registry.
So indeed, when using older 1.0.8, the .ini is not yet implemented.

BTW please consider our use case/requirements as we have Pinball-Bliss 6.0 running on Retrobat for last 3 years. We know pinball in and out and we even have pinup system/player working flaweless.
You can see it in action here [Edit : link removed, we still don't promote pre build version nor forks]

Visual Pinball 10.8.0 is now RC1 (meaning release candidate to stable) and we did a ton of testing. The .ini is not required at all from emulatorlauncher point of you, it's only good on a per table use case. Visual Pinball is smart enough to pickup on .ini and .directb2s on it's own, there is zero need to have emulatorlauncher invoke extra -ini parameters period.
Please stick to this command line all will be good. V:\RetroBat\emulators\vpinball\VPinballX.exe -ExtMinimized -play "V:\RetroBat\roms\vpinball\RETRO-BLISS Pinball.vpx"

Example below to show structure with .ini and .directb2s vpinball is able to detect this on it's own, zero need to pass extra parameters.
V:\RetroBat\emulators\vpinball\VPinballX.exe -ExtMinimized -play "V:\RetroBat\roms\vpinball\RETRO-BLISS Pinball.vpx"

P.S. For future use case, it would be nice that we can control emulatorlauncher params on our own , this is a good example as Retrobat is putting us in a corner here and forcing us to roll back just because of this. We love Retrobat and supported you all a ton. Be a shame having to roll back just because of this. We look forward to your response and eager to test new emulatorlauncher Smile once again.

Last edited by getupor on 11/02/24, 01:54 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : link removed)
Virtualman

Virtualman, scorpio, Striker, RetroTonic, crambonetv, chipntschip, Didi and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpio 11/02/24, 01:21 pm

Hi Retrobat team
thanks for all the hard work you put into this
Same issue here on RB6.0 as above B2s are no longer displayed after upgrading to V6

thanks in advance
scorpio
scorpio

Virtualman, jessereb@gmail.com, Striker, RetroTonic, chipntschip, Didi, Dennyrosario and ironwolf6666 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RetroTonic 11/02/24, 01:41 pm

Good morning! I am having the same exact issue when with Vpinball after my recent upgrade. My B2S are no longer displaying. Reading the comments above, I believe this could be an easy fix for all of us Retrobat fans. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide and for all the work you guys put into RB.
RetroTonic
RetroTonic

Striker, RetroTonic, crambonetv, chipntschip, Dennyrosario and ironwolf6666 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 11/02/24, 01:48 pm

Hello Guys.

Just remember that we, as RetroBat team, try to follow some steps and philosophy in our way of doing.
In our philosophy, we try to only add stable version of the emulators. The VPinball 10.8 became RC1 only 2 weeks again, nearly at the end of our testing phase (which was a bit long).

That it doesn't fit you because it doesn't match with your requirement isn't something entering on the balance, even if all guys of your community came here (strange all that 1 post user coming just for Vpinball...).
If you want to help, you're free to push PR on our github.

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 11/02/24, 01:51 pm

We need the ini because we write features in the .ini and need to invoke it

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RetroTonic 11/02/24, 01:56 pm

I am not currently part of any community, I just updated to 6.0 yesterday and noticed this issue. If you guys could please look into this it would be great!! TIA
RetroTonic
RetroTonic

RetroTonic, chipntschip and ironwolf6666 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 11/02/24, 01:58 pm

tartifless wrote:We need the ini because we write features in the .ini and need to invoke it

You don't need this, we are dead clear on this. Zero need to pass -ini so stop putting us in a corner.  Visual Pinball knows how to deal with tables with ini, please read exactly what we showcased and provided plenty of evidence how it all works. We are donators here for long time for the project.

I will simply role back to 5.3.0 and I'm ok with this , but it's wrong what you guys are doing and dont' want to admit it. We know pinball more you can imagine and please let us control parameters in the emulator launcher on our own please. No need to put everyone in a corner here.
Virtualman

RetroTonic, chipntschip, Dennyrosario and ironwolf6666 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 11/02/24, 02:06 pm

It's not about admit we are wrong : we really need the help of people who knows that kind of tricks.

But until now, it wasn't required with the version that we provide. And we are clear on the fact that using other version could break things. Isn't it ?

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 11/02/24, 02:17 pm

getupor wrote:It's not about admit we are wrong : we really need the help of people who knows that kind of tricks.

But until now, it wasn't required with the version that we provide. And we are clear on the fact that using other version could break things. Isn't it ?

It's all good you will see a git request - it's a very simple code change on your end Smile, we will wait patiently and look forward to retest for you guys.

P.S. Visual Pinball has adopted -ExtMinimized btw so please don't use -Minimized (but visual pinball dev have changed this back and forth they can't seem to make up there mind) but I can tell you -ExtMinimized works 10.7 and 10.8 just fine.

WE all want the same goal in the end, pure seamless Retro Games and Pinball Games enjoyment with Retrobat frontend.

Last edited by Virtualman on 11/02/24, 02:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Virtualman

getupor, Aynshe, RetroTonic, chipntschip, Dennyrosario and ironwolf6666 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by howlerbr 11/02/24, 02:21 pm

Hey, just updated to 6.0 and noticed the same problem with my pinball tables. Tested by command line and you guys only need to pass -ExtMinimized not -Minimized
The .ini is not required at all from emulatorlauncher point of you, it's only good on a per table use case. Visual Pinball is smart enough to pickup on .ini and .directb2s on it's own, there is no need to have emulatorlauncher invoke extra -ini parameters, try it in your end to confirm that.

Please stick to this command line all will be good. V:\\RetroBat\\emulators\\vpinball\\VPinballX.exe -ExtMinimized -play "V:\\RetroBat\\roms\\vpinball\\RETRO-BLISS Pinball.vpx"

It's a simple change for you guys, just change it here: https://github.com/RetroBat-Official/emulatorlauncher/blob/97f728060ea992c86be225fe8a68e8519250856f/emulatorLauncher/Generators/VPinball.Generator.cs#L97

I'm also adding this as an issue in the github.

Thanks!
howlerbr
howlerbr

Virtualman, Striker, RetroTonic, chipntschip, Dennyrosario and ironwolf6666 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Striker 11/02/24, 04:15 pm

Hi I'd also like to update to 6.0, but since I rely on having B2s for my setup, it would be very much appreciated, if you guys implement the changes that were described here. I'm holding off the upgrade for now, until this issue is fixed.

Thanks for the consideration.

Last edited by Striker on 11/02/24, 07:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Striker
Striker

chipntschip and ironwolf6666 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 11/02/24, 04:25 pm

As of now RetroBat supports only stable version 1.0.7 of VPinball, we will support 1.0.8 once it goes to stable.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

getupor, Aynshe and ironwolf6666 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chipntschip 11/02/24, 05:41 pm

Updated here also, having the same issue here on RB6.0 . B2s are no longer displayed Running VP10.8

Hopefully this will be solved. From what I am reading above, it looks simple enough.

Thanks in advance.
chipntschip
chipntschip

ironwolf6666 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 11/02/24, 05:44 pm

tartifless wrote:As of now RetroBat supports only stable version 1.0.7 of VPinball, we will support 1.0.8 once it goes to stable.

Get it right lol - all good it's 10.8.0 - https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/releases (RC1 is technically stable candidate)
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 11/02/24, 05:46 pm

Vpinballx not launching B2S 2024-018

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by f.caruso 11/02/24, 05:52 pm

@virtualman : "Please stick to this command line all will be good"

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are not here to support YOUR custom installations, based on strange development and unfinished versions we don't even know it's delivered by some opaque distribution that don't work with OUR feature system...
You NEVER helped us in the code to support new versions. I don't remember any PR opened by you ANYWHERE on the project to help integrate new versions.

You install what YOU want to your users and it's OUR job to make it work..... Really ?

Instead : Please stick to the version WE support, or it's YOUR problem.

So, we're not going to change anything for now

Vpinballx not launching B2S Admin4
f.caruso
f.caruso
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jessereb@gmail.com 11/02/24, 06:54 pm

Greetings all. New user tinkering around and ran into same issue. Retrobat team you all have done amazing things, would be nice to see this updated with help of a little collab. No hard feeling just comradery for all these retro things we love!
jessereb@gmail.com
jessereb@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 11/02/24, 06:58 pm

Hi guys,

I thought it was quite clear, it's written at the top of this forum, "no support on previous versions or custom build."

You are requesting support on something that is not supported at the moment.
Be patient.

THANKS.

Last edited by Lorenzolamas on 11/02/24, 08:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

jessereb@gmail.com and ironwolf6666 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by f.caruso 11/02/24, 07:58 pm

@virtualman

About the sentence : "The .ini is not required at all from emulatorlauncher point of view".
In fact you are... so wrong & just saying nonsense.
Probably because don't understand why we did that.
I assure you, it's required for work fine with vp10.8rc1.

In fact, after a bit of research, the backglass thing is NOT related to the ini file and the -Ini parameter at all.
So we will keep this in the future versions.

I'll let you guess what's wrong on your side if you upgraded manually with 10.8, there are some things to know ;-)

In the meanwhile, if you are experiencing this problem, please revert to THE version we support which is 10.7.4.0 x86

Vpinballx not launching B2S Admin4
f.caruso
f.caruso
Admin

Aynshe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum