RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upgraded to V6 and EmulationStation is taking too much CPU

2 posters

Go down

Upgraded to V6 and EmulationStation is taking too much CPU Empty Upgraded to V6 and EmulationStation is taking too much CPU

Post by Spulit 16/02/24, 12:06 pm

Hi all,

I've just upgraded to V6 and everything seems to be working fine. However, I see that this new version needs a lot more CPU than the previous version. Now I can hear my fans loudly when I'm in Retrobat menus, something that never happened before.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wgUtBjiF5kuzkk9Jw7s3Iljl8GTHmzqm/view?usp=drive_link

Thanks
Spulit
Spulit

Back to top Go down

Upgraded to V6 and EmulationStation is taking too much CPU Empty Re: Upgraded to V6 and EmulationStation is taking too much CPU

Post by getupor 16/02/24, 12:10 pm

Hello
Are you trying with default theme ?

Upgraded to V6 and EmulationStation is taking too much CPU Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Upgraded to V6 and EmulationStation is taking too much CPU Empty Re: Upgraded to V6 and EmulationStation is taking too much CPU

Post by Spulit 16/02/24, 12:22 pm

Hi, yes. I also noticed that the font scaling is incorrect (or at least bigger when compared with the previous version). I needed to manually set it to 100% to fix it. Not a big deal but it may actually be related to the issue I raised.
Spulit
Spulit

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 17/02/24, 08:26 am

We have to define what could goes wrong on it, but for that you need to give some more details on your configuration.

Also, if you have do some changes from Developper option menu .
At least, es.log file in \emulationstation\.emulationstation\ can give some details also.

Upgraded to V6 and EmulationStation is taking too much CPU Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spulit 18/02/24, 12:33 am

Hi,

My setup is based on an Elitedesk 705 G4 Mini-PC with a Radeon Vega 11 GPU and 16 GB of RAM.

I didn't change anything relevant in Developer option menu.

By looking into the es.log file, I only have these two lines:

2024-02-17 11:02:56 ERROR System "mess" is missing name, extension, or command!
2024-02-17 23:05:07 ERROR GL error: glDeleteTextures(1, &_texture) failed with error code: 1,282

Thanks
Spulit
Spulit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum