RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some decorations are shifted slightly to left side?

2 posters

Go down

Some decorations are shifted slightly to left side?  Empty Some decorations are shifted slightly to left side?

Post by Tapper 15/07/21, 08:19 pm

I have noticed some systems are not quite centered in their decorations. They are shifted slightly to the right, or perhaps more accurately to say the decorations are shifted slightly left.

Megadrive/Genesis for example. Look carefully and you will see the right side of the display is under the transparent part of the decoration art, but the left side is not.

Try the game Rampart for MD/Gen for example. Start a game and there will be a brick wall pattern all around the edges of the game screen. There you can clearly see what I mean. Compare the left and right edges of the game display.

This also happens in other systems. NeoGeo as well IIRC.

Changing aspect ratio does not fix it. I am not sure, but it might be that the decoration artwork was not rendered correctly?
Tapper
Tapper

Back to top Go down

Some decorations are shifted slightly to left side?  Empty Re: Some decorations are shifted slightly to left side?

Post by polyneux 19/07/21, 09:25 pm

Hi Tapper,

I have noticed this as well on some games. Try going to Video > Scaling. If it is set to custom you can move the x and y position and width and height. This actually has the perspective of the game moving under the artwork. In the old version It was mostly arcade games that needed fixing in this way and I would save the settings as a game override. Sometimes going through the preset aspect ratios would find one “close enough” (ie, smaller than the frame so everything fit and I wasn’t that worried about it.)

I don’t often come up with the error though, not sure if the x and y positions or the aspect ratio come with the bezel decs or not.

Not a solution just something to think about.
polyneux
polyneux

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum