RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Run automatically when session is started.

2 posters

Go down

Run automatically when session is started.  Empty Run automatically when session is started.

Post by lopapa 09/06/20, 02:11 pm

Hello,

First of all, thank you for keeping this project alive. I just discovered it and I really love it. Thank you very much to all the people behind it.

Second, I have incidents to run the frontend just by booting windows. I always test it by running retrobat.bat and the installation is on c:retrobat

- If I schedule it as a scheduled task, it doesn't work. I've already checked that it doesn't run with the highest privileges.

-If I put it on the start menu, the taskbar stays ahead of emulationstation. I have to click with the mouse to make emulationstation take focus.

- I changed the windows shell. I changed from explorer.exe to c:\retrobat\retro.bat (with the regedit nomenclature), it doesn't work either.

- If I run it manually, it works perfectly.

How do you make it run automatically when you log in?

Thank you!
lopapa
lopapa

Back to top Go down

Run automatically when session is started.  Empty Re: Run automatically when session is started.

Post by Kayl 09/06/20, 03:33 pm

Hello,

What's your RetroBat's version ?

Run automatically when session is started.  Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

Run automatically when session is started.  Empty Re: Run automatically when session is started.

Post by lopapa 09/06/20, 03:37 pm

Retrobat 3.0 beta
With and without emulationstation updated with latest build. Test with windows 10 professional 2004 and windows 10 ltsc

lopapa
lopapa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 16/06/20, 02:47 pm

Hello,

I don't have the focus issue. I can start retrobat at start up by creating a shortcut of retro.bat and placing it in start menu.

However this is a beta and I'm not surprised you have this problem because retro.bat launch cmd terminal to run batch script. In the upcoming stable release, instead of retro.bat you will have an exe and you should not have this kind of issue anymore.

Run automatically when session is started.  Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

Post by lopapa 23/06/20, 07:31 am

Thank you for responding. I'll wait for the final version with a built-in exe.
lopapa
lopapa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum