RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game not opening after I messed up its configs

3 posters

Go down

Game not opening after I messed up its configs Empty Game not opening after I messed up its configs

Post by hozerino 29/11/22, 11:32 pm

Hi everyone, I'm in some kind of predicament here...
I was tweaking Mario Tennis (N64) and God of War (PPSSPP) to make them run better, but after some changes they stopped opening (it instantly kept sending me back to the menu). I believe I changed something from their specific configuration and now it can't run again. What's the location of the game config that overrides the core's? I tried looking into the emulationstation and emulator folders but had no success.

Last edited by hozerino on 30/11/22, 05:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Game not opening after I messed up its configs Empty Re: Game not opening after I messed up its configs

Post by tartifless 30/11/22, 02:43 pm

Hello

Game not opening after I messed up its configs Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Lorenzolamas and getupor like this post

Back to top Go down

Game not opening after I messed up its configs Empty Re: Game not opening after I messed up its configs

Post by hozerino 30/11/22, 04:40 pm

tartifless wrote:Hello
Cutest reply I've ever had
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 30/11/22, 05:12 pm

Sometimes it's good to remember so basic rules

Btw, what "tweaks" are you doing, and how you do them ?

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 30/11/22, 05:44 pm

getupor wrote:Sometimes it's good to remember so basic rules
Oh, that's right sorry about that. I really thought the "Hello" was an accidentally sent message (that moment when you are meant to break line and you send a message). I'll edit the first post to make it a bit friendlier.

getupor wrote:Btw, what "tweaks" are you doing, and how you do them ?
About this, the tweaks were very simples, I was editing everything via Retroarch menu (I changed GFX and RSP plugins to be "parallel" and probably changed resolution as well). It also happened with GoW on PSP, I messed the configs and the game couldn't open, so I did a fresh reinstall of RetroBat. But now, no N64 game opens, for some reason. I just wanted to know where I can find a "per-game config that overrides the core one" so I can just delete it instead of having to reinstall everything.

Thanks for the attention!
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 30/11/22, 08:07 pm

In \system\templates\ you will find all necessary files. There is a folder for Retroarch also.

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 30/11/22, 08:48 pm

getupor wrote:In \system\templates\ you will find all necessary files. There is a folder for Retroarch also.
Ohhh, nice, thanks, it was one of the few folders I thought "probably just some menu stuff folder".

Just in case the games keep not opening (unfortunately this is the case), is there a logfile? I found a logfile in /emulationstation/.emulationstation/es_log.txt and its backup, but it doesn't seem to accuse anything severe (it only reports Resources not found, like gamesplash.xml).

Thanks again.
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 30/11/22, 08:53 pm

/emulationstation/emulatorlauncher.log

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 30/11/22, 08:56 pm

tartifless wrote:/emulationstation/emulatorlauncher.log
Thanks, that's pretty much what I was looking for.
I will try some troubleshooting and if I get stuck again, I'll eventually open another thread to avoid getting this one too busy.

Thanks for the help.
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 30/11/22, 09:03 pm

Don't forget that, if you saw some cores features that are needed, and that you don't see it on the existing Retrobat features, told us 😉

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 30/11/22, 09:24 pm

Sure! I'll keep a lookout for good features.
By the way, I forgot to mention, I'm using Retrobat 5.0.0 beta-1, that probably changes things a little. However I really liked the global options found in the RetroBat menu, to set drivers etc.

I just found out that RetroArch wasn't opening because something was forcing "vulkan", even though I had set the global drivers to Dx9, now I'm fighting Retroarch to find some hidden config (I saw that by turning Retroarch logs on). Some day we can make a "simple troubleshooting steps" with all the logs locations (EmulationStation logs and Retroarch/other emulators) and the specific settings location as well (as the ones I was looking for).

Thanks for the support, folks
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down