RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Retrobat update- How do they affect non retroarch emulators (controller configs etc)

2 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Retrobat update-  How do they affect non retroarch emulators (controller configs etc) Empty [RESOLVED] Retrobat update- How do they affect non retroarch emulators (controller configs etc)

Post by wtstreetglow 12/01/24, 10:45 pm

Hello all,

Could I get some thoughts and guidance on how to handle the update to v6 when it arrives.

The Wii emulator comes to mind. If I have setup the Wii controller/ nunchuck outside of retro at, directly through the emulator. Will I lose this configuration when moving to v6?

Is there a better way to handle these situations? Should I have set the Wii remotes up through retrobat just like any other controller?)

Also, I don’t know if it matters but, I use a dolphin bar.

Thank you all for your thoughts and guidance!!
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Retrobat update-  How do they affect non retroarch emulators (controller configs etc) Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Retrobat update- How do they affect non retroarch emulators (controller configs etc)

Post by tartifless 12/01/24, 10:59 pm

Hello,

First of all, save your emulators\dolphin-emu\User\Config\ files, especially GCPadNew.ini for gamecube and WiimoteNew.ini for wiimotes, but also Dolphin.ini and hotkeys.ini if you have set hotkeys.

Now these 4 files are a backup, they should not be necessary, as RetroBat does not overwrite these files during updates, howeve : you NEVER know what can happen.

Then, when you will first launch a game in V6 ==> absolutely ensure that autoconfigure controllers option is STILL DISABLED in RetroBat (same here ==> should not be overwritten, but you never know).

Same principle for other emulators, with the appropriate config file.

Regards

[RESOLVED] Retrobat update-  How do they affect non retroarch emulators (controller configs etc) Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Retrobat update-  How do they affect non retroarch emulators (controller configs etc) Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Retrobat update- How do they affect non retroarch emulators (controller configs etc)

Post by wtstreetglow 12/01/24, 11:25 pm

@tartifless

Ok, I’m following you I believe. I do have a follow up question though.

I currently have auto configure turned on because it seems to work very well for all consoles.

Is there a setting to turn auto configure off specifically for one console- the wii. I imagine they’ll be others that I haven’t stumbled upon yet.

Thank you for always being so helpful!!
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 13/01/24, 01:02 am

wtstreetglow wrote:@tartifless

Ok, I’m following you I believe. I do have a follow up question though.

I currently have auto configure turned on because it seems to work very well for all consoles.

Is there a setting to turn auto configure off specifically for one console- the wii. I imagine they’ll be others that I haven’t stumbled upon yet.

Thank you for always being so helpful!!

Hello, yes disabling autoconfiguration of controllers is done on a per-system basis, so yes, in the advanced options of the system you can disable specifically for this system.

[RESOLVED] Retrobat update-  How do they affect non retroarch emulators (controller configs etc) Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 13/01/24, 01:09 am

@tartifless

That is perfect. Thank you again for helping me find solutions to some of the more nuanced things I have been asking about here latel. Setting up everything once is enough work, I definitely don’t want to have to do it a second time out of an easy mistake.

Thank you so much again!!
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down