RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Autostart after windows boot, but not active

+3
tartifless
failrunner
retrojefolo
7 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Autostart after windows boot, but not active Empty [RESOLVED] Autostart after windows boot, but not active

Post by retrojefolo 15/12/22, 10:06 pm

Hi,
I'm preparing a PC with windows 11 and retrobat 5.0 that will be the heart of my arcade.
I modified the retrobat.ini file in order to  launch retrobat directly after the windows boot and, it works, but there's a problem that will be huge when I will finally complete my arcade machine: in order to actually 'activate' Retrobat I have to click once with the mouse, then the controller works correctly without any issues. Since in the arcade machine I will not have a mouse, I would like to find a way to avoid this click and directly use retrobat with the controller.

Thanks for your support!

Last edited by retrojefolo on 05/01/23, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
retrojefolo
retrojefolo

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Autostart after windows boot, but not active Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Autostart after windows boot, but not active

Post by failrunner 16/12/22, 05:00 am

Same here. 😔
failrunner
failrunner

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Autostart after windows boot, but not active Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Autostart after windows boot, but not active

Post by tartifless 16/12/22, 08:30 am

This means that there is a program that starts after Retrobat and that takes focus.
Maybe try to start Retrobat with a scheduled task and add a delay instead of using the start folder.

[RESOLVED] Autostart after windows boot, but not active Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by retrojefolo 16/12/22, 12:38 pm

If I remember well it happens also when launcing manually (so not after windows boot) retrobat: i will check later @ home.
retrojefolo
retrojefolo

Back to top Go down

Post by retrojefolo 16/12/22, 06:23 pm

Unfurtunately I have to confirm: it has the same behaviour even if I start retrobat manually...before it let me use the controller I have to click with the mouse to activate Retrobat.
retrojefolo
retrojefolo

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 16/12/22, 06:35 pm

Hello
What is your material (computer specs, controller...) ?

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aynshe 16/12/22, 09:36 pm

retrojefolo wrote:Hi,
I'm preparing a PC with windows 11 and retrobat 5.0 that will be the heart of my arcade.
I modified the retrobat.ini file in order to  launch retrobat directly after the windows boot and, it works, but there's a problem that will be huge when I will finally complete my arcade machine: in order to actually 'activate' Retrobat I have to click once with the mouse, then the controller works correctly without any issues. Since in the arcade machine I will not have a mouse, I would like to find a way to avoid this click and directly use retrobat with the controller.

Thanks for your support!

Hi,

You can see to register *:\RetroBat\retrobat.exe in shell instead of explorer.exe directly from the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\

However, it can potentially prevent certain programs from working as a task, it is necessary to test.

The explorer can easily be run if needed with the task manager.
Aynshe
Aynshe

Back to top Go down

Post by retrojefolo 16/12/22, 11:47 pm

Aynshe wrote:
Hi,

You can see to register *:\RetroBat\retrobat.exe in shell instead of explorer.exe directly from the registry.

However, it can potentially prevent certain programs from working as a task, it is necessary to test.

Hi it's not clear to me what implies, could you please explain me a little bit more? thanks
retrojefolo
retrojefolo

Back to top Go down

Post by retrojefolo 16/12/22, 11:51 pm

getupor wrote:Hello

My PC is a minis forum Neptune HX90G (AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900HX and AMD Radeon™ RX 6600M, 32 giga of memory) and the controller I'm using is an 8bitdo pro2.

In the meantime I tested retrobat on another PC, with win 10 and the same controller and it has not the same issue....
retrojefolo
retrojefolo

Back to top Go down

Post by Aynshe 17/12/22, 01:46 pm

retrojefolo wrote:
getupor wrote:Hello

My PC is a minis forum Neptune HX90G (AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900HX and AMD Radeon™ RX 6600M, 32 giga of memory) and the controller I'm using is an 8bitdo pro2.

In the meantime I tested retrobat on another PC, with win 10 and the same controller and it has not the same issue....

As stated above, then you probably have a background application taking focus.

Check your startup programs in the task manager, or in the scheduled task manager.

retrojefolo wrote:
Aynshe wrote:
Hi,

Hi it's not clear to me what implies, could you please explain me a little bit more? thanks

My english is bad sorry...

launch "regedit.exe" with administator and go (or copy/paste in regedit) "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\" and edit key "shell", replace explorer.exe by "*:\RetroBat\retrobat.exe"  "*" is your storage disc.

You can optionally set per user, this is for XP, but I think it is no different https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/embedded/ms838576(v=winembedded.5)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

warning, if your experience micorsoft windows is low, don't run my propose.
Aynshe
Aynshe

Back to top Go down

Post by retrojefolo 19/12/22, 10:48 pm

Hi, thank you for your support.
In these day I will not able to try because I'm not near my PC because of the holidays.
I will let you know how it evolves.
retrojefolo
retrojefolo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovey79 23/12/22, 08:02 pm

Hello.

I can't recommend you change your registry. Use the scheduled task instead.
If that doesn't work and you really have to click the mouse even after launching manually then you can use nircmd

Download nircmd and put it with the retrobat exe
Create a bat file in the same folder with the following

Retrobat.exe
Timeout /t 20
.\nircmd.exe send mouse left click

Then create a shortcut to this .bat file and put the shortcut in your startup folder. In the shortcut properties you can change it to run minimised to avoid the pop up box.
But try scheduled task first.

Good luck
Dovey79
Dovey79

Back to top Go down

Post by retrojefolo 27/12/22, 07:15 pm

Hello an update on the topic.
First a good news, I've installed Batocera on another win 11 PC and the problem doesn't appear: so it's not a generalized Batocera problem.
Second a bad news: I have to find out a way to solve the problem on my own PC. I will follow Dovery79 suggestions in the next days when I will have again access to the PC.

I will keep you posted.
retrojefolo
retrojefolo

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 27/12/22, 07:22 pm

Thanks for your return.
And be sure just to try it with Retrobat, and not with Batocera Wink

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by karlos 57 02/01/23, 04:18 pm

Aynshe wrote:
retrojefolo wrote:
getupor wrote:Hola,
¿Cuál es su material (especificaciones de la computadora, controlador ...) ?

Mi PC es un foro minis Neptune HX90G (AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900HX y AMD Radeon™ RX 6600M, 32 giga de memoria) y el controlador que estoy usando es un 8bitdo pro2.

Mientras tanto, probé retrobat en otra PC, con win 10 y el mismo controlador y no tiene el mismo problema....

Como se indicó anteriormente, entonces probablemente tenga una aplicación en segundo plano que se enfoque.

Compruebe los programas de inicio en el administrador de tareas o en el administrador de tareas programado.

retrojefolo wrote:
Aynshe wrote:
Hola,

puede ver para registrar *:\RetroBat\retrobat.exe en shell en lugar de explorer.exe directamente desde el registro.

Sin embargo, puede evitar potencialmente que ciertos programas funcionen como una tarea, es necesario probar.

El explorador se puede ejecutar fácilmente si es necesario con el administrador de tareas.

Hola, no me queda claro lo que implica, ¿podrías explicarme un poco más? gracias

Mi inglés es malo lo siento...

inicie "regedit.exe" con administator y vaya (o copie / pegue en regedit) "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\" y edite la clave "shell", reemplace explorer.exe por "*:\RetroBat\retrobat.exe" "*" es su disco de almacenamiento.Puede configurar opcionalmente por usuario, esto es para XP, pero creo que no es diferente https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/embedded/ms838576(v=winembedded.5

)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Advertencia, si su experiencia Micorsoft Windows es baja, no ejecute mi propuesta.
karlos 57
karlos 57

Back to top Go down

Post by retrojefolo 03/01/23, 10:05 am

Hello again.
Of course I was talking about RetroBat and not Batocera (too many bats..... :-) )
Thanks to all for your support. I think there was something wrong with my Win11 installation. Since there were no data on the PC I reinstalled Win11, then all the dependecies and then RetroBat: now it works without the need to activate it with a click.
I still didn't tried to put in the autoboot, but I will let you know if there's any problem.
For the moment the good news is that apparently it was not a problem related to RetroBat.
retrojefolo
retrojefolo

Lorenzolamas and getupor like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down