RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Retrobat taking multiple times to boot into any emulator

2 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Retrobat taking multiple times to boot into any emulator Empty [RESOLVED] Retrobat taking multiple times to boot into any emulator

Post by Drakhan86 30/01/24, 04:59 am

Hello there,

Retrobat 5.3 is taking multiple times to boot into any emulator.  It doesn't always happen, about half the time, and I can typically get into the game after the second or third try.  This is happening across all systems.  Is there any way to fix this issue?
Drakhan86
Drakhan86

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Retrobat taking multiple times to boot into any emulator Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Retrobat taking multiple times to boot into any emulator

Post by getupor 30/01/24, 07:24 am

Hello

As we don't get a lot of information concerning your system, it's hard to told you something relevant.
So please describe the material you use.
For exemple, using a SD card can increase the booting time, same as symlinking roms on a mapped network drive. Same thing if you got a lot of little files into a lot of sub-folders...

[RESOLVED] Retrobat taking multiple times to boot into any emulator Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Retrobat taking multiple times to boot into any emulator Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Retrobat taking multiple times to boot into any emulator

Post by Drakhan86 30/01/24, 08:16 pm

I am indeed using symlink files to load the files, and the files are on the same ssd drive as retrobat.  I can try actual files instead to see if it helps the issue.  Would CHD files be better than .cue and .bin files inside of their own folders in terms of loading?

Also, would you suggest ALL games to be put into .zip files, regardless lof file format?
Drakhan86
Drakhan86

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakhan86 31/01/24, 07:32 pm

Okay so I am having loading issues regardless of symlink files, I tried just copying the games over and its still showing with the same behavior.

Please see picture, I was researching that it could be in relation to the es_systems.cfg file. I noticed there are two in different locations, looks like one from the default Emulationstation folder and one from retrobat. Why is this, and can I delete those out and start with a fresh system file to see if it works? Which one is actually used? Is there a confliction of these two files by trying to read from both of them?
Drakhan86
Drakhan86

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakhan86 31/01/24, 07:32 pm

[RESOLVED] Retrobat taking multiple times to boot into any emulator Screen11

I also am getting this from the log.txt file I think the first one is just for an old emulator I never added anything for that but the second line could that be a video driver issue?

2024-01-31 20:18:25 ERROR System "mess" is missing name, extension, or command!
2024-01-31 20:38:15 ERROR GL error: glDeleteTextures(1, &_texture) failed with error code: 1,282
Drakhan86
Drakhan86

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakhan86 01/02/24, 04:50 am

Okaaay so I read up a little bit more on the forum boards.  Turns out I was actually on a BETA, and I updated through Emulationstation instead of downloading the beta 6 V3 installer straight from the website ^_^ I did a clean install, re-imported my games and BIOS and now everything is good to go!  Please leave this up for anyone getting the same errors as I did, should save them some time.  GAME ON!
Drakhan86
Drakhan86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down