RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Updated from 4.0.2 to 5.0, now A and B buttons are swapped in-game, dont know how to change them back

3 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Updated from 4.0.2 to 5.0, now A and B buttons are swapped in-game, dont know how to change them back Empty [RESOLVED] Updated from 4.0.2 to 5.0, now A and B buttons are swapped in-game, dont know how to change them back

Post by Xavi 22/12/22, 03:27 pm

Hi, just updated and thank you for the hard work, it was pretty smooth!

I use a PS4 controller and never had many issues that I couldn't troubleshoot myself. Started testing the new update and noticed that every game booted through Retroarch (SNES, Saturn, etc) had A and B swapped in game, to test this I tried some PS2 games that don't go through RA and those worked as intended.

I saw in the changelog that the Option to invert A and B buttons was added, so I assumed this must have been turned on by default somewhere? I found two ways to change this, through the RA menu, but that was for the RA menu only, not for in game use. I also found it deep in the ES menu, but, then again, it was only for menu use, not in game.

Im out of options so I figured Id ask here, thank you again!
Xavi
Xavi

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Updated from 4.0.2 to 5.0, now A and B buttons are swapped in-game, dont know how to change them back Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Updated from 4.0.2 to 5.0, now A and B buttons are swapped in-game, dont know how to change them back

Post by getupor 22/12/22, 03:50 pm

Hello and welcome

Have you tried
- to remap your controller according the button position icon
- to check with the option in developper if the inverter option isn't active

[RESOLVED] Updated from 4.0.2 to 5.0, now A and B buttons are swapped in-game, dont know how to change them back 2022-120

[RESOLVED] Updated from 4.0.2 to 5.0, now A and B buttons are swapped in-game, dont know how to change them back Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Updated from 4.0.2 to 5.0, now A and B buttons are swapped in-game, dont know how to change them back Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Updated from 4.0.2 to 5.0, now A and B buttons are swapped in-game, dont know how to change them back

Post by Xavi 22/12/22, 07:47 pm

getupor wrote:Hello and welcome

Have you tried
- to remap your controller according the button position icon
- to check with the option in developper if the inverter option isn't active

Tried both, for the position icon I followed the guide and then later went to the config file, this is what you'd expect to see

<input name="a" type="button" id="1" value="1" />
<input name="b" type="button" id="0" value="1" />

However, I changed it to swap a and b, so I did this

<input name="b" type="button" id="1" value="1" />
<input name="a" type="button" id="0" value="1" />

and THAT worked but obviously its a quick fix since I'm only getting around the problem

The option in developer did not affect playing the games, only the emulation station menus. To make sure I tested it both ways
Xavi
Xavi

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 22/12/22, 07:59 pm

This is not a workaround , it is normal setting,...
If you configure a xbox controller correctly, a is always 0.

I have configured recently 3 xbox controller, just following the guide, and in es_input it always gives me a=0, b=1.

So I guess you are inverting the buttons when setting up the controller in RetroBat
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavi 22/12/22, 08:07 pm

tartifless wrote:This is not  a workaround , it is normal setting,...
If you configure a xbox controller correctly, a is always 0.

I have configured recently 3 xbox controller, just following the guide, and in es_input it always gives me a=0, b=1.

So I guess you are inverting the buttons when setting up the controller in RetroBat

I believe you but two things:

-my controllers changed when I ran the update, meaning buttons were working one way and then they flipped

-when running the binding procedure in retrobat, Im just following the prompts, meaning it asks to press the button on the bottom right, which I did, and then the game flips the functionality of that button. Maybe something is overriding my initial binding by saying "ah this must be an xbox controller, lets flip the binding"
Xavi
Xavi

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 22/12/22, 08:19 pm

Can you try by deleting the content of your es_input first, (except the keyboard part) ? The es_input is located in the \emulationstation\.emulationstation folder.
This should give you a fresh start.

Also ensure the option to invert A &B is switched off everywhere.

And then check your es_input that should have only 1 entry (in addition to keyboard), a should be 0.
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavi 23/12/22, 08:36 am

tartifless wrote:Can you try by deleting the content of your es_input first, (except the keyboard part) ? The es_input is located in the \emulationstation\.emulationstation folder.
This should give you a fresh start.

Also ensure the option to invert A &B is switched off everywhere.

And then check your es_input that should have only 1 entry (in addition to keyboard), a should be 0.

K, figured it out, it ended up being a "what came before, chicken or the egg" thing.

If any invert options were enabled before you use the binding prompts in ES, it will cause this issue since it will act as if a is b. So the key is to set the a/b preferences first, then do a clean bind. That solved it.

Thank you for taking the time to help! Much appreciated!
Xavi
Xavi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down