RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED][V5] NEWLY ADDED GAME NOT SHOWING UP ON WHEEL

3 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED][V5] NEWLY ADDED GAME NOT SHOWING UP ON WHEEL Empty [RESOLVED][V5] NEWLY ADDED GAME NOT SHOWING UP ON WHEEL

Post by cynder9792 25/01/23, 08:30 pm

Hello again everyone, great work on V5! I am having a slight issue though and need some guidance. I used game bundles to build my library and one particular game for the "U" was a EUR version and all I could find for DLC was for the US version so I figured just grab that one and swap them out. I copied the game over the the roms directory then went to work adding the update and DLC using CEMU. Everything works as it should direct through the emulator but the game is not showing up on the wheel. My guess is that is has something to do with the gamelist.xml file but I wanted to check here before tinkering with that and potentially "breaking" my build. I do have an xml editor and can see the original EUR game entry but do not have the US version info to replace the information. I was planning to just delete the file (after making a copy of course) and let RB create a new one but not sure if that will work not to mention it will wipe out all of the media paths that are already in place. I know I can manually add the media but that is time consuming and I do not want to scrape all of this systems games as I do not want duplicate files taking up space on my drive. Thanks in advance for any information.

Last edited by cynder9792 on 25/01/23, 11:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
cynder9792
cynder9792

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED][V5] NEWLY ADDED GAME NOT SHOWING UP ON WHEEL Empty Re: [RESOLVED][V5] NEWLY ADDED GAME NOT SHOWING UP ON WHEEL

Post by getupor 25/01/23, 08:52 pm

Hello
In any case, you can create a copy of your gamelist if you want to avoid mistake.

BTW, i'm not sure that what you have done. Can you explain with pictures (you got an internal uploading pictures tool)
If the game doesn't appear on the wheel, it could be because of the not recognised extension.
If there is an entry, but without media, you can use local medias.

[RESOLVED][V5] NEWLY ADDED GAME NOT SHOWING UP ON WHEEL Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

cynder9792 likes this post

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED][V5] NEWLY ADDED GAME NOT SHOWING UP ON WHEEL Empty Re: [RESOLVED][V5] NEWLY ADDED GAME NOT SHOWING UP ON WHEEL

Post by cynder9792 25/01/23, 09:06 pm

getupor wrote:Hello
In any case, you can create a copy of your gamelist if you want to avoid mistake.

BTW, i'm not sure that what you have done. Can you explain with pictures (you got an internal uploading pictures tool)
If the game doesn't appear on the wheel, it could be because of the not recognised extension.
If there is an entry, but without media, you can use local medias.

Thank you for the reply. I cannot upload pics at the moment but basically I swapped the EUR version for a US version so I could add DLC ( to not violate any rules about game names, lets just call this one "Breath"). The EUR version worked and showed on the wheel, the new US one does not but it plays as it should direct through the emulator. I can upload a picture of the xml file entry when I get home in a couple of hours, I am thinking because the title ID on the entry does not match so RB can't see it.
cynder9792
cynder9792

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 25/01/23, 09:08 pm

Can you show us the game folder?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cynder9792 25/01/23, 09:39 pm

tartifless wrote:Can you show us the game folder?

Not until I get home from work but I can tell you it is only the title of the game, no extra information such as the title ID or [US1000....].
cynder9792
cynder9792

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 25/01/23, 10:03 pm

We need to see the name, where it is located, the content of the folder, etc.

The fact that you installed dlc or update we do not care, it has absolutely no impact on the display of a game in Retrobat

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

cynder9792 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cynder9792 25/01/23, 11:32 pm

tartifless wrote:We need to see the name, where it is located, the content of the folder, etc.

The fact that you installed dlc or update we do not care, it has absolutely no impact on the display of a game in Retrobat

Thanks, I found the problem. Last night while tinkering I deleted the xml entry for the old game. When I got home today I was gathering screenshots for you and discovered the xml file rewrote the entry for the US version but it was set to hidden. Changed "true" to "false" and opened RB, game is now displaying properly, I must have not checked that last night before bed but it was late Very Happy
cynder9792
cynder9792

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down