RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about coin acceptors

4 posters

Go down

Question about coin acceptors  Empty Question about coin acceptors

Post by con0815 13/04/23, 05:54 pm

Hello, I'm new here and have a question about my new hobby project.

I'm building an arcade machine and I'm almost finished. Now I wanted to ask if there is a way to install a coin acceptor that works with Retrobat to give it the authentic feeling.

At the moment i use Retrobat 5.1

I couldn't find anything about it in the documentation or the forum.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you all very much.
con0815
con0815

Back to top Go down

Question about coin acceptors  Empty Re: Question about coin acceptors

Post by tartifless 13/04/23, 09:30 pm

Hello,
What do you want to achieve with the monkey receiver ?
A money receiver usually simulates a key or a button, so you're have to map it with the right key/button used for COIN.

Question about coin acceptors  Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by con0815 14/04/23, 08:27 am

I read the response and tried to find out what a Monkey Receiver is Very Happy
Then I noticed that it says money receiver underneath.
So does that mean it's just simply connecting it?
Can I use any receiver or are there specific ones that are recommended?
Do I have to do the mapping in Retrobat itself or in Retroarch?
Thank you very much!
con0815
con0815

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 14/04/23, 08:59 am

Hello
As far as we don't have one to test, we can only make supposition...
But we don't know how it will be recognised.
Have you already look for some models ?
Have you got allready your controller connector ?

getupor
getupor
Admin

con0815 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by con0815 14/04/23, 10:04 am

Responses to issues are very quick here, which I find very good!

I haven't bought one yet, just searched for them on the internet.
I hope I can post links to the items once, if not, you are welcome to delete them afterwards.

Coin Acceptor:
https://www.amazon.de/Vobor-Acceptor-Spielm%C3%BCnzensteckplatz-Multifunktionsm%C3%BCnzensteckplatz-Spielautomaten-default/dp/B08CMRBRL4/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=coin+acceptor&qid=1681459205&sprefix=coin+acce%2Caps%2C296&sr=8-6

Controller-wise, I have the ones from a normal joystick arcade set, Zero Delay Controller.

I have also looked on Youtube for tutorials, but I only found one for the Raspberry port.

If it helps, here is the link to it, where it was set up in the menu of Retroarch:
https://youtu.be/plG0ZpbN--s?t=528

Thanks
con0815
con0815

Back to top Go down

Post by Aynshe 14/04/23, 01:48 pm

if you make an installation with an electronic coin-operated machine, it's important to know how you wire all that, I think you have to turn on the coin-operated machine. I never took the plunge because I had a doubt about the installation....so personally I would prefer to do it with a mechanical coin operated machine, the contact is made by a simple micro switch that must be connected to the same "coin" button of the arcade terminal which generally "select". sorry for english made in Google

Aynshe
Aynshe

con0815 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 14/04/23, 01:57 pm

Yes, but does this kind of material allready give the "select" button information? Or do he have to add an Arduino between it and the zero delay controller... It's hard to say without experience or test.

getupor
getupor
Admin

con0815 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aynshe 14/04/23, 02:47 pm

ah, but I hadn't seen the video....so in fact obviously you have to power up and connect the output to the same cable as the "select" button (corner) of the arcade controller..

But it seems to me that some games ask to press select player two to add credit dedicated to day two ... so it takes two coins in this case I imagine.
Aynshe
Aynshe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aynshe 14/04/23, 03:22 pm

getupor wrote:Yes, but does this kind of material allready give the "select" button information? Or do he have to add an Arduino between it and the zero delay controller... It's hard to say without experience or test.

à priori par d'ajout de carte type arduino, il se branche directement sur son contrôleur arcade, ici il a mi bouton L2.

Il connecte sur son contrôleur arcade "coin" sur noir et "counter" sur rouge.

La connexion 4 pin du monnayeur est comme ça : 12v / coin / GND / counter
Question about coin acceptors  61gYhJWqCjL._AC_SX522_

Je me laisserai bien tenter...je vais voir, mais il faudrait que je pose question à un vendeur pour comprendre si il ce programme sans rien d'autre ou si il prend par défaut les € et quel typer de pièce.
Aynshe
Aynshe

con0815 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by con0815 14/04/23, 06:03 pm

According to the video and description, the acceptor can accept coins that have been pre-defined, regardless of their size.

I have watched several videos on this.

But one question still remains unanswered: If I buy and connect it, how does RetroBat or Retroarch recognize that a coin is needed in this case? In the video mentioned above, you could specifically choose a button for coins, which I couldn't find in my case.
con0815
con0815

Back to top Go down

Post by Aynshe 14/04/23, 06:50 pm

con0815 wrote:According to the video and description, the acceptor can accept coins that have been pre-defined, regardless of their size.

yes, I saw later it would be possible to calibrate different parts with the buttons on the coin mechanism.

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000255516220.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.59.75506d379bpvSR&algo_pvid=3f1496c7-1ebe-4b5d-8f36-b9291a7bd524&algo_exp_id=3f1496c7-1ebe-4b5d-8f36-b9291a7bd524-29&pdp_npi=3%40dis%21EUR%2115.27%2114.97%21%21%21%21%21%40211bf4c516814779153343763d0748%2110000001036323500%21sea%21FR%211716901436&curPageLogUid=GczjXSI123H4

con0815 wrote:But one question still remains unanswered: If I buy and connect it, how does RetroBat or Retroarch recognize that a coin is needed in this case? In the video mentioned above, you could specifically choose a button for coins, which I couldn't find in my case.

The coin mechanism can only be used for Arcade games since it simulates the button to put the "coin".

According to the video you just need to connect the coin mechanism to the same button you use to put 'credit' and which is usually the 'select' button, so this is the button you configure as 'select' on your controller. 'arcade.

To see, I'll think about it, i but think of buying it on Aliexpress, half cheaper.

he uses this arcade controller in the video:

Question about coin acceptors  61CB6ELWNLL._AC_SX679_
Aynshe
Aynshe

con0815 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by con0815 14/04/23, 07:01 pm

Oh okay, now i understand. i tought i could do it for all emus

that was very helpful! Thank you

I have a other kind of joysticks from amazon, with light and what ever
that should work on it

ATM i think my problem is solved Smile
con0815
con0815

Back to top Go down

Post by Aynshe 14/04/23, 07:18 pm

con0815 wrote:Oh okay, now i understand. i tought i could do it for all emus

for all games, there should be a "coin" function which locks the execution of the game if you do not add a coin Smile. Not sure if this is a planned emulationstation function Smile.

Otherwise map the button that executes the XD game A or B ^^ but it won't work for arcade games.
Aynshe
Aynshe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aynshe 22/04/23, 05:17 pm

con0815 wrote:According to the video and description, the acceptor can accept coins that have been pre-defined, regardless of their size.

I have watched several videos on this.

But one question still remains unanswered: If I buy and connect it, how does RetroBat or Retroarch recognize that a coin is needed in this case? In the video mentioned above, you could specifically choose a button for coins, which I couldn't find in my case.

Hi, I received the coin acceptor today that I bought on aliexpress, rather fast delivery.

And I confirm that the pulse is done correctly by connecting "COIN and COUNTER" to the button wires.

I used the 12v power supply on my computer.

I would test with both "select" buttons plugged into it for games that need two players.

Aynshe
Aynshe

Lorenzolamas and getupor like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aynshe 30/04/23, 08:46 pm

To go further in the delirium, I took the decision to hide the select(coin) buttons in the arcade terminal and the formerly "select" buttons are used exclusively as "hotkey" (connected in R3 on the arcade PCB), arcade sticks are mainly used for arcade system games and similar games... the rest I connect controllers.

What you have to do for the coin acceptors is to use one of the "COIN and COUNTER" cables, one on the select button of "J1" and the other on "J2"...like that the games that require pressing the coin of "J2" will be credited at the same time, it avoids installing two "coin acceptors"
The ground wire is the one that is connected to the button and that comes from the controller board.

Aynshe
Aynshe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down