RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Apple II games not loading "runtime exception: invalid stoi argument"

2 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Apple II games not loading "runtime exception: invalid stoi argument" Empty [RESOLVED] Apple II games not loading "runtime exception: invalid stoi argument"

Post by drylightn 15/06/23, 09:48 am

Hi All! I am getting errors trying to run Apple II roms on retrobat. I have included a screen capture here so you can see what is happening:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l-yxsVITd6wEMS4CXgUWDK1FDiBA9bHp/view?usp=sharing

It does this on any game I try to run, throwing the error pop up: "runtime exception: invalid stoi argument"
Further details:
-Windows 11 Pro System
- Latest Retrobat
- If i load the game manually in applewin, it runs fine.
- if i load the game via basic command line in applewin, runs fine
- I copied one rom at first to test the emulator, worked fine, only after I copied the rest of my roms did it start doing this, and the original game that worked no longer runs (gives the same error message).

Any ideas what's going on? My first thought is to check the arguments being passed by Retrobat to start the game, but not sure where to look for those? Also, doesn't make sense that it worked once, and a few min later it stopped working.

Last edited by Lorenzolamas on 16/06/23, 07:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : resolved issue)
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Apple II games not loading "runtime exception: invalid stoi argument" Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Apple II games not loading "runtime exception: invalid stoi argument"

Post by tartifless 15/06/23, 10:19 am

Hello,
Can you provide us with:
1) The basic command line you are using (from your bullet point 4)
2) Your file "emulatorlauncher.log" located in retrobat\emulationstation folder, after you tried to run the game through retrobat
3) A screenshot of the roms\apple2 folder where we can see the path at the top and the game file (including extension)
4) right-click on the applewin emulator executable file and show us the "details" tab to see the version of applewin you are using

Regards

[RESOLVED] Apple II games not loading "runtime exception: invalid stoi argument" Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Apple II games not loading "runtime exception: invalid stoi argument" Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Apple II games not loading "runtime exception: invalid stoi argument"

Post by tartifless 15/06/23, 10:38 am

Ok, i can reproduce issue.
If you disable decorations (bezels), it will work.

Regards

[RESOLVED] Apple II games not loading "runtime exception: invalid stoi argument" Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 15/06/23, 10:46 am

drylightn wrote:Hi All! I am getting errors trying to run Apple II roms on retrobat. I have included a screen capture here so you can see what is happening:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l-yxsVITd6wEMS4CXgUWDK1FDiBA9bHp/view?usp=sharing

It does this on any game I try to run, throwing the error pop up: "runtime exception: invalid stoi argument"
Further details:
-Windows 11 Pro System
- Latest Retrobat
- If i load the game manually in applewin, it runs fine.
- if i load the game via basic command line in applewin, runs fine
- I copied one rom at first to test the emulator, worked fine, only after I copied the rest of my roms did it start doing this, and the original game that worked no longer runs (gives the same error message).

Any ideas what's going on? My first thought is to check the arguments being passed by Retrobat to start the game, but not sure where to look for those? Also, doesn't make sense that it worked once, and a few min later it stopped working.

Can you give us your PC configuration ? Especially the videocard and screen connected ?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drylightn 15/06/23, 06:28 pm

@tartifless  here is the information you requested, along with another update:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l2Ji0N8ZsADWkrvEwU7dsCHSEBCtHfkg&usp=drive_fs

Also, another thing to point out is that when I'm testing this, the monitor is turned off and I was working headless via windows remote desktop. After more experimentation, I switched over to parsec and the appleII games do not crash, I don't get the error message. (It works fine when the monitor is on and I'm controlling it pyhsycally on the box)

The powershell command I was using that worked fine on Windows Remote Desktop control, when not starting the game through Retrobat:  
Code:
.\applewin -log -f -d1 "C:\RetroBat\roms\apple2\Sherlock Holmes (1985)(Bantam)(Disk 1 of 1 Side A)[cr Gadget Master].dsk"

So, I guess it's something with trying to run Retrobat over Win Remote Desktop? But then you said you were able to duplicate the issue? So I dunno, very bizzare. And I could have sworn it was crashing with parsec too last night, but maybe it was late and I was tired.
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 15/06/23, 07:16 pm

drylightn wrote:@tartifless  here is the information you requested, along with another update:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l2Ji0N8ZsADWkrvEwU7dsCHSEBCtHfkg&usp=drive_fs

Also, another thing to point out is that when I'm testing this, the monitor is turned off and I was working headless via windows remote desktop. After more experimentation, I switched over to parsec and the appleII games do not crash, I don't get the error message. (It works fine when the monitor is on and I'm controlling it pyhsycally on the box)

The powershell command I was using that worked fine on Windows Remote Desktop control, when not starting the game through Retrobat:  
Code:
.\applewin -log -f -d1 "C:\RetroBat\roms\apple2\Sherlock Holmes (1985)(Bantam)(Disk 1 of 1 Side A)[cr Gadget Master].dsk"

So, I guess it's something with trying to run Retrobat over Win Remote Desktop? But then you said you were able to duplicate the issue? So I dunno, very bizzare. And I could have sworn it was crashing with parsec too last night, but maybe it was late and I was tired.

If you run through remote desktop and do not disable bezels, it generates the error.
So in headless ==> disable the decorations

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

drylightn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by drylightn 15/06/23, 07:26 pm

Gotcha. Bizzare it works with Parsec and not with WRD tho. Thanks for taking a look.
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down