RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On an HP laptop, how to use the nvidia integrated card and not the Intel UHD 620 from the I5 chip ?

4 posters

Go down

On an HP laptop, how to use the nvidia integrated card and not the Intel UHD 620 from the I5 chip ? Empty On an HP laptop, how to use the nvidia integrated card and not the Intel UHD 620 from the I5 chip ?

Post by TIpon 21/08/23, 10:19 am

Hello,
thank you for this amazing emulation station

How to get Retrobat to use the nvidia card on an HP laptop and not the Intel one ?
- Intel I5 8265 with UHD 620
& geforce MX110

Thanks a lot in advance
Tipon
TIpon
TIpon

Back to top Go down

On an HP laptop, how to use the nvidia integrated card and not the Intel UHD 620 from the I5 chip ? Empty Re: On an HP laptop, how to use the nvidia integrated card and not the Intel UHD 620 from the I5 chip ?

Post by martos 21/08/23, 10:59 am

for my opinion ( i m just an retrobat user )

Nvidia conf :
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000103466/how-to-make-the-nvidia-graphics-processor-the-default-graphics-adapter-using-the-nvidia-control-panel
( NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Preferred graphics processor setting". Try to undo what you did in Settings > System > Display > Graphics. Also, in the above NVIDIA Control Panel, set for the program "Texture f‌iltering - Quality" as "High performance" )

Windows conf :
https://www.trishtech.com/2018/12/how-to-set-graphics-performance-preference-for-apps-in-windows-10/
and only for technical guy , you can make it with registry key :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX\UserGpuPreferences
"C:\\XXXXX\\XXXXX\\XXXXX.exe"="GpuPreference=2;"
if you have multi user you can use :
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX\UserGpuPreferences]
(must be make to all exe ... could be long to find ... )

And in my memory, you can use a soft xbox bar toosl, but not sure of this.
martos
martos

https://www.perdu.com

TIpon likes this post

Back to top Go down

On an HP laptop, how to use the nvidia integrated card and not the Intel UHD 620 from the I5 chip ? Empty Re: On an HP laptop, how to use the nvidia integrated card and not the Intel UHD 620 from the I5 chip ?

Post by Lorenzolamas 21/08/23, 10:11 pm

Hi, use this setting:

On an HP laptop, how to use the nvidia integrated card and not the Intel UHD 620 from the I5 chip ? 6uJsjYJ

your computer needs to be charging.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 21/08/23, 10:54 pm

You can also use nvidia control panel to define your nvidia card as default gpu.

On an HP laptop, how to use the nvidia integrated card and not the Intel UHD 620 from the I5 chip ? Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down