RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Cannot for the life of me run Killer Instinct and street fighter games

4 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Cannot for the life of me run Killer Instinct and street fighter games Empty [RESOLVED] Cannot for the life of me run Killer Instinct and street fighter games

Post by itachi_hoshigaki 03/09/23, 11:42 am

Hello all, I am very new to this emulator scene, and I honestly do not know what I'm doing wrong.
I have downloaded several ROMS for MAME and retrobat just does not run them, included are Killer instinct and street fighter 3rd strike, marvel vs capcom 1 and 2, and several other mame games like snow brothers and such

. the message i get is that the emulator exited unexpectedly.

I have already installed Directx and vcredist.

my specs are
intel i7=12600
gtx 3060
ssd 1 tb
itachi_hoshigaki
itachi_hoshigaki

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Cannot for the life of me run Killer Instinct and street fighter games Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Cannot for the life of me run Killer Instinct and street fighter games

Post by Aynshe 03/09/23, 11:49 am

Hi,
some roms need .chd, check this point.

Then some ROMs may not run in "auto", select another core.

[RESOLVED] Cannot for the life of me run Killer Instinct and street fighter games Modo
Aynshe
Aynshe

Lorenzolamas and itachi_hoshigaki like this post

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Cannot for the life of me run Killer Instinct and street fighter games Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Cannot for the life of me run Killer Instinct and street fighter games

Post by itachi_hoshigaki 03/09/23, 11:54 am

Aynshe wrote:Hi,
some roms need .chd, check this point.

Then some ROMs may not run in "auto", select another core.

Hello, thank you for your quick response. I do have the chd file and also have tried all of the different MAME options. I saw in an earlier post that somebody had managed it to run on mame 2016, but sadly, that does not work for me.
itachi_hoshigaki
itachi_hoshigaki

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 03/09/23, 12:32 pm

Hello

[RESOLVED] Cannot for the life of me run Killer Instinct and street fighter games 2023-048

you can try with another romset.

[RESOLVED] Cannot for the life of me run Killer Instinct and street fighter games Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 03/09/23, 03:09 pm

Hello,

SF III works fine both in libretro:mame and in fbneo, better use fbneo as mame will prompt you for installation of cd-rom content which takes a LOT of time:
[RESOLVED] Cannot for the life of me run Killer Instinct and street fighter games OnzupZi

Killer instinct also works fine in libretro:mame:
[RESOLVED] Cannot for the life of me run Killer Instinct and street fighter games HNjHmVq

I guess you do not have the right game rom version...

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itachi_hoshigaki 03/09/23, 11:09 pm

Thank you all for your replies. I have fixed the issue following your advice!
itachi_hoshigaki
itachi_hoshigaki

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down