RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I add mame 0.222 emulator

+2
Kayl
publicenemy
6 posters

Go down

How do I add mame 0.222 emulator Empty How do I add mame 0.222 emulator

Post by publicenemy 13/08/20, 01:38 am

Title
publicenemy
publicenemy

THIAGO GONÇALVES likes this post

Back to top Go down

How do I add mame 0.222 emulator Empty Re: How do I add mame 0.222 emulator

Post by Kayl 13/08/20, 12:04 pm

Hello, we don't offer support to user to add their own emulator.

Support here doesn't mean we will help user making their own EmulationStation distro. This forum is to help users to use RetroBat with the features it offers.

How do I add mame 0.222 emulator Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by publicenemy 13/08/20, 05:46 pm

I have no intention of making my own EmulationStation distro. Why would you say that? All I want to to add mame 0.222 to RetroBat.
I think I'll start with other emulator as base. All I need to do is make same changes in the config files right?
publicenemy
publicenemy

Back to top Go down

Post by publicenemy 21/08/20, 12:26 pm

I am able to use my 0.222 mame romset. By using mame in retroarch.

I also tried to add emulators by changing the config, but it seems that emulatorlauncher needs to support it. Can I suggest to add config support for emulatorlauncher? so in the future, its easy to add new emulator by changing the emulatorlauncher mapping/config file.
publicenemy
publicenemy

Back to top Go down

Post by THIAGO GONÇALVES 22/08/20, 09:15 pm

I am also in the same problem! confused
It makes no sense for free software to have this function intentionally removed.
One of the main functions of a front end is the possibility of configuring new cores and systems. Many games don't just work with Retroarch. (MAME, for example, emulates some Game & Watch games, like Green House, which in Retroarch is not possible to emulate).

Retrobat had no unnecessary restrictions in previous versions. I considered Retrobat as the best Front end for a long time, precisely because it offers a good part of the pre-established configuration and allows many things to be personalized and included by the user. (Including this possibility that stimulated me to make a theme that matched my home decor).
Many users just want to customize the front end.

P.S. => Another differential of Retrobat was the quality support. After a while, the independent Forum was created.

It wouldn't be smart if any user wanted to use Retrobat as the basis for a new distribution for a few more pertinent reasons:

- The user cannot, under the law, emulate games without having the original version of the game, (that is, there are more important issues for the user to worry about);

- Retrobat is also based on Emulationstation / Batocera;

Any procedure done to restrict the creation of a new distribution, hypothetically, could cause inconvenience to users who only want the freedom expected from free software.

P.S. => My intention here is to provide feedback as a "veteran user" of Retrobat. I have no intention of scandalizing. I just want those involved in the Retrobat project to consider this topic, so that it remains the best front end.

If the Retrobat project does not need more people involved, at least consider users feedbacks. Feedback will make Retrobat the best of the best.

P.S. => Underestimating the user's ability is not a very strategic thing. The Retrobat project may be following a path that will attract many responsibilities to those involved in the project, leaving the user without any freedom and more dependent on the developers.

I sincerely hope that the Retrobat project will continue with the same quality as always. I believe he has many users willing to contribute too. cheers
THIAGO GONÇALVES
THIAGO GONÇALVES

Back to top Go down

Post by THIAGO GONÇALVES 22/08/20, 11:04 pm

Kayl wrote:Hello, we don't offer support to user to add their own emulator.

Support here doesn't mean we will help user making their own EmulationStation distro. This forum is to help users to use RetroBat with the features it offers.

It makes sense that the support does not ask questions about features that are not present in Retrobat. But the question, as I understand it, is Retrobat's new restriction of not allowing edits to the file "es_systems.cfg". This is exactly what doesn't make sense!
THIAGO GONÇALVES
THIAGO GONÇALVES

Back to top Go down

Post by THIAGO GONÇALVES 24/08/20, 11:32 pm

publicenemy wrote:I am able to use my 0.222 mame romset. By using mame in retroarch.

I also tried to add emulators by changing the config, but it seems that emulatorlauncher needs to support it. Can I suggest to add config support for emulatorlauncher? so in the future, its easy to add new emulator by changing the emulatorlauncher mapping/config file.

Take a look at that topic. I believe it is the solution for you.

https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t190-it-does-not-make-sense-to-restrict-the-file-es_systems-cfg
THIAGO GONÇALVES
THIAGO GONÇALVES

Superhadouken likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superhadouken 23/11/20, 09:46 am

THIAGO GONÇALVES wrote:
publicenemy wrote:I am able to use my 0.222 mame romset. By using mame in retroarch.

Take a look at that topic. I believe it is the solution for you.

https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t190-it-does-not-make-sense-to-restrict-the-file-es_systems-cfg

Hey Thiago can you help me with the file that you edited? I'm very bad at these things. I putted the Configmode to 0, but I don't know exactly where I have to put my mame0.226 folder. I always receive an error of a wrong path when I load a game
Superhadouken
Superhadouken

Back to top Go down

How do I add mame 0.222 emulator Empty Gram

Post by ayila 13/11/21, 03:55 pm

Is it still possible to add MAME 0.226 in RetroArch Emulator or just need to install the MAME Emulators? I'm a bit new at this so any help would be nice.

Last edited by ayila on 13/11/21, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
ayila
ayila

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 13/11/21, 04:49 pm

ayila wrote:Is it still possible to add MAME 0.226 in RetroArch Emulator or just need to install the MAME Emulator? I'm a bit new at this so any help would be nice.

Hi...

To have the latest version of the mame core, you must use the MAME core (Libretro)

How do I add mame 0.222 emulator PsADEUG

If you wan to use Mame standalone, read the FAQ about that. (point 31)
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

ayila likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down