RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yuzu not recognizing controllers

5 posters

Go down

Yuzu not recognizing controllers Empty Yuzu not recognizing controllers

Post by Tltlvilus 04/09/23, 05:58 am

Hi guys, im having a problem using yuzu or yuzu-early-access when launched by retrobat.

I use a dual shock 4. All work if i launch the yuzu.exe directly, but when i launch from retrobat, there is no controller detection at all.

Already tried: turn off config controllers automatically, using DS4Windows, remmaping...

It just wont work if i launch from retrobat... Anything im missing?
Tltlvilus
Tltlvilus

Back to top Go down

Yuzu not recognizing controllers Empty Re: Yuzu not recognizing controllers

Post by tartifless 04/09/23, 07:14 am

Yuzu not recognizing controllers Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by astropop21 04/09/23, 05:29 pm

Hi – I had a similar problem with Yuzu – eventually, and quite by accident, I found a way to correct things – this worked, and is still working, for me – it may work for you too

• open Yuzu
• right click on the rom you wish to play
• from the menu that appears, left click on properties
• the window which then opens contains a number of different tabs
• left click on the input profiles tab
• left click on drop down to the right of player 1
• left click on the profile you wish to apply to this rom (this obviously assumes that you’ve already set up your profiles)
• repeat as necessary for players 2 to 8
• left click OK to close the window
• close Yuzu
• launch your rom from within Retrobat – Yuzu should now apply the correct controller profile for that game – and do the same for all subsequent launches

As I say, hopefully this’ll work for you - good luck
astropop21
astropop21

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 04/09/23, 05:56 pm

Hello,

Why wouldn't you let retrobat configure the controllers ?
You just need to apply the fix linked above

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Lorenzolamas and getupor like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by astropop21 05/09/23, 12:18 pm

To be honest, I wasn’t convinced either of the fixes referenced by the link above would necessarily address my problem

Clean es_input file : “if your controller settings become messed up ......” – my controller settings weren’t messed up – they worked fine within Retrobat – they worked fine with other emulators within Retrobat – and they worked fine with Yuzu when it was launched outside of Retrobat

Yuzu controller configuration failing : “...... overwrite emulatorlauncher.exe and es_config.cfg” – but overwrite them with what? set them back to default as the es_input fix above was doing? I didn’t want them returned to default – as I say, they were working fine everywhere else – and besides, just returning them to default values didn’t guarantee that, once I’d rebuilt the configurations, the same problem wouldn’t still be there – therefore, possible duplication of work with the chance of zero positive return – rightly or wrongly, I shied away from that

It took me a while to recognise that the reason the configuration was working in Yuzu was because I was reassigning it every time I opened the emulator – I would go to launch the rom – notice that the profile box was blank – fill it – and then launch – just a couple of mouseclicks – done automatically, almost negligently - and, of course, it worked – but after a while, the penny finally dropped that my real problem was that Yuzu “forgot” the configuration for specific roms when it closed – with the result, that it had to be set again when Yuzu was reopened

A lot of Yuzu users seem to have suffered the same problem – according to internet searches – but solid information on how to fix it seems somewhat sparse – I eventually ended up in the rom properties window when checking on something else that another user had suggested as a possible cause – and that’s how I stumbled across the input profiles tab – and thus found a fix that (so far has) worked for me (to be honest once again, up to that point, I’d completely forgotten that those screens even existed!)

I don’t know how data is supposed to flow between Retrobat and its companion components – information on that too seems to be somewhat sparse – perhaps Retrobat is supposed to pass my configuration to Yuzu each and every time I launch a rom that uses Yuzu – therefore negating the need for Yuzu to “remember” anything – if so, that isn’t working on my system – perhaps the fix mentioned above addresses that – if so, that’s absolutely great – but a few extra words of explanatory text as to what that fix actually does, and doesn’t, do would, I think, be very welcome

All the best
astropop21
astropop21

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 05/09/23, 10:39 pm

astropop21 wrote:To be honest, I wasn’t convinced either of the fixes referenced by the link above would necessarily address my problem

Hello

Can you just try the fix ?
We assure you that your computer will not burn...

Edit : For your information, as Yuzu is a young emulator, so updates are frequent, and updates sometimes break things. In recent updates, some controller settings have change in yuzu, so settings injected from Retrobat wasn't correct anymore.

Edit 2 : we don't sell nothing, and doesn't live with Retrobat. We spend our time trying to make a free solution that is simple for everyone, on our free time. So sorry if our explanation are not so detailed as you can expect. Maybe when we will change our business model, we will get more time for that. In- between, just believe us when we ask you to try something 😉
getupor
getupor
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 05/09/23, 10:51 pm

astropop21 wrote:
I don’t know how data is supposed to flow between Retrobat and its companion components – information on that too seems to be somewhat sparse – perhaps Retrobat is supposed to pass my configuration to Yuzu each and every time I launch a rom that uses Yuzu – therefore negating the need for Yuzu to “remember” anything – if so, that isn’t working on my system – perhaps the fix mentioned above addresses that – if so, that’s absolutely great – but a few extra words of explanatory text as to what that fix actually does, and doesn’t, do would, I think, be very welcome

Explanation is on the FAQ 
https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t135-faq-retrobat-wip#2754

Don't hesitate to ask if you need more informations
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 05/09/23, 10:57 pm

astropop21 wrote:To be honest, I wasn’t convinced either of the fixes referenced by the link above would necessarily address my problem

Clean es_input file : “if your controller settings become messed up ......” – my controller settings weren’t messed up – they worked fine within Retrobat – they worked fine with other emulators within Retrobat – and they worked fine with Yuzu when it was launched outside of Retrobat

Yuzu controller configuration failing : “...... overwrite emulatorlauncher.exe and es_config.cfg” – but overwrite them with what? set them back to default as the es_input fix above was doing? I didn’t want them returned to default – as I say, they were working fine everywhere else – and besides, just returning them to default values didn’t guarantee that, once I’d rebuilt the configurations, the same problem wouldn’t still be there – therefore, possible duplication of work with the chance of zero positive return – rightly or wrongly, I shied away from that

It took me a while to recognise that the reason the configuration was working in Yuzu was because I was reassigning it every time I opened the emulator – I would go to launch the rom – notice that the profile box was blank – fill it – and then launch – just a couple of mouseclicks – done automatically, almost negligently - and, of course, it worked – but after a while, the penny finally dropped that my real problem was that Yuzu “forgot” the configuration for specific roms when it closed – with the result, that it had to be set again when Yuzu was reopened

A lot of Yuzu users seem to have suffered the same problem – according to internet searches – but solid information on how to fix it seems somewhat sparse – I eventually ended up in the rom properties window when checking on something else that another user had suggested as a possible cause – and that’s how I stumbled across the input profiles tab – and thus found a fix that (so far has) worked for me (to be honest once again, up to that point, I’d completely forgotten that those screens even existed!)

All the best

Why such a big writing when there is a fix with the new emulatorlauncher.exe on the wiki ?
It doesn't break or erase any of the settings.
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chrispal023 16/09/23, 01:15 am

Hey everyone,

Hope all is well. I have to agree with Astropop on this one. I did the emulationstation fix and still didn't work. Had to configure each ROM with input controls and so far its working. A little annoying as it was working before and not sure what broke the controls.
chrispal023
chrispal023

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 16/09/23, 02:17 am

chrispal023 wrote:Hey everyone,

Hope all is well. I have to agree with Astropop on this one. I did the emulationstation fix and still didn't work. Had to configure each ROM with input controls and so far its working. A little annoying as it was working before and not sure what broke the controls.

What is your controller, as it works very fine here

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chrispal023 16/09/23, 02:57 am

I am using a PS4 Dualshock controller. It was working perfect up until a few days ago. I did update Yuzu to the newest build so I wonder if that has something to do with it. I have manually input the controls for each rom and so far it's working fine. Thank you
chrispal023
chrispal023

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 16/09/23, 03:06 am

I just tested ds4, it worked fine.

Can you :
1) run yuzu with autoconfiguration and then share the file emulators\yuzu\user\config\qt-config.ini
2) share one of your config file from a game (they might be in the "custom" subfolder)...

Just to compare and see what's wrong

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chrispal023 16/09/23, 09:22 pm

Hi Tartifless,

Hope all is well. So I was able to figure it out. What I did was, I went into the per system settings of the Switch and changed the controller type, from auto to Pro Controller. That seemed to have resolved the issue and now I can use the PS4 DS controller without having to set up for each emulator which is not all that bad. Still gets the job done. Appreciate your help buddy and all of you are doing great work.
chrispal023
chrispal023

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down