RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any plans to support FS-UAE for Commodore Amiga, CDTV and CD32 support?

3 posters

Go down

Any plans to support FS-UAE for Commodore Amiga, CDTV and CD32 support? Empty Any plans to support FS-UAE for Commodore Amiga, CDTV and CD32 support?

Post by silver 01/10/23, 07:18 pm

Hello,

I notice that Batocera uses FS-UAE for Commodore Amiga, CDTV and CD32 emulation - however RetroBat uses the RetroArch "puae" core.

Are there any plans to offer FS-UAE as an option for emulation?

If there is interest, then I'd be willing to take a look at submitting the code changes required to get support for it in emulatorlauncher.exe.

Thanks.
silver
silver

davidbartz79 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Any plans to support FS-UAE for Commodore Amiga, CDTV and CD32 support? Empty Re: Any plans to support FS-UAE for Commodore Amiga, CDTV and CD32 support?

Post by tartifless 01/10/23, 07:20 pm

Hello,

We have winuae.

You can contribute if you want but the following is required:
1) Settings of the emulator must be portable (not stored un user documents or appdata ...)
2) integration must be complete, with management of emulator settings, bios in \bios folder, etc.
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Any plans to support FS-UAE for Commodore Amiga, CDTV and CD32 support? Empty Re: Any plans to support FS-UAE for Commodore Amiga, CDTV and CD32 support?

Post by davidbartz79 05/12/23, 09:04 pm

Would Like to know if any updates on making this excellent emulator to work with this excellent frontend
davidbartz79
davidbartz79

Back to top Go down

Post by silver 06/12/23, 07:14 pm

davidbartz79 wrote:Would Like to know if any updates on making this excellent emulator to work with this excellent frontend

So I took a look at the code for emulatorLauncher.exe but a combination of a lack of documentation, lack of comments in the code and my own experience in C# suggested that it wasn't going to be something that I could modify over the course of a weekend - so I had to put the project on the back-burner.

That said, I do have a fairly basic working script which can be used in place of emulatorLauncher.exe (in es_systems.ini, modified through BatGUI.exe) to launch FS-UAE for the Amiga systems. I need to find the time to polish it up, add documentation and a few extra features to support all the various ways that people store the disk images. To give you an example, at the moment it assumes every Amiga game is like my own collection, which is one or more ADFs and a M3U file in a single zip file.

It's not going to be better than native RetroBat support (which is possible since FS-UAE can be run portable and integration can be complete) but it'll be a suitable workaround.

If I manage to do everything I want, then I'll pop it up on GitHub and share the link.
silver
silver

Back to top Go down

Post by davidbartz79 06/12/23, 08:05 pm

thank you very much for the reply, yh fs-uae is so much easier to use than any other amiga emulator , not sure why it not included in retrobat but is in other frontend but get people like yourself are willing to help
davidbartz79
davidbartz79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down