RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commodore Amiga CDTV can use CHD file format

3 posters

Go down

Commodore Amiga CDTV can use CHD file format Empty Commodore Amiga CDTV can use CHD file format

Post by Rex-the-Runt 24/02/24, 07:29 pm

I am just adding some CD images to the Commodore Amiga CDTV rom folder. While looking at compressed formats, the wiki page says that CSO is supported, but has no mention of CHD; CDTV Wiki Link

The default CDTV emulator, Retroarch using the Libretro PUAE core, does not support CSO, but does support CHD. I have manually changed "CSO" to "CHD" in the CDTV section of es_systems.cfg and that works fine.

Would it be possible for this to be added to the default settings, so that this will still be active after an update. Alternatively, just adding CHD as a valid file extension would work.
Rex-the-Runt
Rex-the-Runt

Back to top Go down

Commodore Amiga CDTV can use CHD file format Empty Re: Commodore Amiga CDTV can use CHD file format

Post by criciuma 05/03/24, 01:46 am

Same for PSP! Only tested one game, but its supported by ppsspp, and worked fine.
criciuma
criciuma

Back to top Go down

Commodore Amiga CDTV can use CHD file format Empty Re: Commodore Amiga CDTV can use CHD file format

Post by tartifless 05/03/24, 07:06 am

Hello,

.chd is already available for psp.

Commodore Amiga CDTV can use CHD file format Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by criciuma 07/03/24, 12:17 am

tartifless wrote:Hello,

.chd is already available for psp.

You're right. I just downloaded a fresh copy of 6.0 to prove myself right, and I was wrong. Not sure why, I did/do have 6.0, but had to type .chd via bat.gui. I must've had an old file there...
But you are correct!
The wiki needs to be updated though.
criciuma
criciuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down