RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"NESTOPIA.EXE" MISSING IN RETROBAT

Go down

"NESTOPIA.EXE" MISSING IN RETROBAT Empty "NESTOPIA.EXE" MISSING IN RETROBAT

Post by THIAGO GONÇALVES 20/08/20, 01:04 am

Hello everyone.
I'm having trouble running system roms like "Family BASIC.rom" and "ASDER PC-95.rom" with NES Cores.
Retroarch does not recognize the keyboard as input.

When using the "nestopia.exe" emulator, the keyboard works correctly when configured in the menu: "Machine> Input> Expansion Port> Family BASIC".
• Print: "NESTOPIA.EXE" MISSING IN RETROBAT Print_10

Unfortunately, RETROBAT does not have Nestopia in the executable version (.exe).
Much less allows the user to add a new system within the "es_systems.cfg" file.

It would be great if RETROBAT added "nestopia.exe" in the "emulators" folder so that many could play games exclusive to these systems (Family BASIC and ASDER PC-95).

• Demonstration video of the Family BASIC system:

• Demonstration video of the ASDER PC-95 system:

Last edited by THIAGO GONÇALVES on 21/08/20, 04:55 am; edited 1 time in total
THIAGO GONÇALVES
THIAGO GONÇALVES

Back to top Go down

"NESTOPIA.EXE" MISSING IN RETROBAT Empty Re: "NESTOPIA.EXE" MISSING IN RETROBAT

Post by THIAGO GONÇALVES 21/08/20, 03:33 am

Additional information that can assist in the help I requested:
There is a kit for NES called Family BASIC. Nestopia Standalone (Nestopia.exe) allows you to emulate this kit, allowing recognition of the computer's keyboard. Making it possible to play Roms from systems like Family BASIC and ASDER PC-95.

- Comments:
I had some success emulating with Angle / MESEN, and configuring "input 5" as "Family Trainer", as we can see in the image below. However, the cursor only goes left and right when I place the arrow keys on the keyboard as the "Family Trainer" arrow keys. Not all commands work. Watch the video I recorded showing the cursor behavior configured as "Family Trainer", (At least it's a start!). REMEMBERING that in the "NESTOPIA.EXE", emulator the "BASIC Family" is perfectly emulated!

"NESTOPIA.EXE" MISSING IN RETROBAT Exempl10

- Video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LEd0A7Hyp2vyeFfOaWYx03yfR1wU_04o/view?usp=sharing

I noticed that it is possible to add "input" manually in the "retroarch.cfg" file, either as a global configuration, or for a specific game or system.
I just don't know how to include the Keyboard to operate as a Family BASIC. Does anyone know how?

"NESTOPIA.EXE" MISSING IN RETROBAT Nintendo-Famicom-Family-Basic-Keyboard-wCart
THIAGO GONÇALVES
THIAGO GONÇALVES

Back to top Go down

Post by THIAGO GONÇALVES 21/08/20, 04:06 am

Note:
This problem, in fact, would be easily solved by adding Nestopia.exe to the "emulators" folder and adding a new emulator to the "es_systems.cfg" file, (As I had already done with the Nintendo Switch, even before this system was included in the Retrobat), but as it is not possible, I hope you know how to help us in another way. Crying or Very sad
THIAGO GONÇALVES
THIAGO GONÇALVES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down