RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] How to add VirtuaNes and Nestopia emulators to Retrobat?

3 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] How to add VirtuaNes and Nestopia emulators to Retrobat? Empty [RESOLVED] How to add VirtuaNes and Nestopia emulators to Retrobat?

Post by juanjocba22 20/05/20, 02:10 pm

Good morning (here in Argentina 9:00 am) I want to add some of these emulators because the cores of retroarch do not support or I do not know how to configure them to be able to play with the mouse the shooting roms.
I would need to add some of these emulators to retrobat, but I don't know what the correct lines would be in the es_systems.cfg. Thank you
juanjocba22
juanjocba22

THIAGO GONÇALVES likes this post

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] How to add VirtuaNes and Nestopia emulators to Retrobat? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] How to add VirtuaNes and Nestopia emulators to Retrobat?

Post by Lorenzolamas 20/05/20, 07:32 pm

We are not the developers of retroarch and cores, so it is difficult to answer you. But I will test on my side.

PS: think about finding an avatar Wink
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] How to add VirtuaNes and Nestopia emulators to Retrobat? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] How to add VirtuaNes and Nestopia emulators to Retrobat?

Post by juanjocba22 20/05/20, 08:33 pm

Ok, thank you for your answer.

PS: I already changed my avatar
juanjocba22
juanjocba22

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 20/05/20, 08:54 pm

We found how to make the Zapper (gun) work with the Nestopia core from Retroarch.

So, you have to select the Nestopia core oin EmulationStation. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avS3stdpcGg )

Then, download the file "NstDatabase.xml" available here: https://github.com/0ldsk00l/nestopia
And place it in the "Bios" folder.

Then, launch a game using the Zapper, do ALT + F1 (or F1 + ALT) and go in the "INPUT" options, on "Player 2", you must put the mouse on 0, and below, configure the trigger on the left click of the mouse.

Almost all of this information was available in the libretro manual of the Nestopia core.
In the future remember to consult the manual of cores on "libretro docs":

https://docs.libretro.com/library/nestopia_ue/
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juanjocba22 20/05/20, 09:37 pm

Hello, I followed the steps that you indicate, but I can not get it to shoot with the mouse, something must be doing wrong. I put the file "NstDatabase.xml" loose in the Bios folder of retrobat (E: \ RetroBat \ bios) ?.
Sorry for ignorance i am very new to this
juanjocba22
juanjocba22

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 20/05/20, 09:43 pm

Yes it's in this folder that it must be put.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juanjocba22 20/05/20, 09:50 pm

Ya lo hice, pero no logro que dispare con el mouse Sad Sad
juanjocba22
juanjocba22

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 20/05/20, 09:52 pm

in english please.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juanjocba22 20/05/20, 10:02 pm

I DID IT !!, Thank you very much friend, I admire your patience and dedication
juanjocba22
juanjocba22

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 20/05/20, 10:04 pm

good cheers
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juanjocba22 20/05/20, 10:04 pm

juanjocba22 wrote:Ya lo hice, pero no logro que dispare con el mouse Sad Sad
Sorry, I do not speak English, it was a mistake, Google did not translate what I wrote
juanjocba22
juanjocba22

Back to top Go down

Post by THIAGO GONÇALVES 20/08/20, 09:44 pm

This topic is very interesting.
I made a recent topic with a similar question:
https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t182-nestopia-exe-missing-in-retrobat

Is there a file similar to "NstDatabase.xml" that makes it possible to use the mouse and keyboard in Retroarch? I just want a solution. I also thought that the solution was to include new emulators. But apparently it is not the only possible way.
THIAGO GONÇALVES
THIAGO GONÇALVES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down