RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Need a bit of help with games list menus (some systems display differently)

3 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Need a bit of help with games list menus (some systems display differently) Empty [RESOLVED] Need a bit of help with games list menus (some systems display differently)

Post by wtstreetglow 22/12/23, 04:59 pm

Hello all,

Can someone here give me some help on getting all of my systems to display the same when in the emulation station games list menus. 

When I am in PS2, the videos show when moving through the list of games, however when I am on psx, it only shows box art. 

I have determined I do have the videos for both systems in the proper location and both gameslist.xml files have the proper tags in them.

Can someone help me figure out what I need to adjust to get this working properly?

Thank you all!!

EDIT: One thing I just noticed is that there is a folder icon beside all of the game names where it is not displaying the video. The systems this is happening on is:wii, segacd,dreamcast, and psx

So now the question becomes, if this is an issue that can't be overcome. On psx and some of the other systems that use bin and cue files to function properly. How can I get the gameslist to not show both files for each game?

Maybe someone can help me understand the best way to get what I am after.
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Need a bit of help with games list menus (some systems display differently) Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Need a bit of help with games list menus (some systems display differently)

Post by getupor 22/12/23, 05:09 pm

Hello
Could it be the scrapping choice that determine the display ?

[RESOLVED] Need a bit of help with games list menus (some systems display differently) 2023-126

[RESOLVED] Need a bit of help with games list menus (some systems display differently) Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Need a bit of help with games list menus (some systems display differently) Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Need a bit of help with games list menus (some systems display differently)

Post by wtstreetglow 22/12/23, 05:16 pm

getupor wrote:Hello
Could it be the scrapping choice that determine the display ?

[RESOLVED] Need a bit of help with games list menus (some systems display differently) 2023-126
@getupor
I don't think so. I have made EDITS on my first post explaining what I think is going on. Did you see those?

This may be a behavior that can't be fixed
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 22/12/23, 05:18 pm

[RESOLVED] Need a bit of help with games list menus (some systems display differently) Untitl12
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 22/12/23, 05:20 pm

This is video. No settings have been changed from last screenshot.

[RESOLVED] Need a bit of help with games list menus (some systems display differently) Untitl13
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 22/12/23, 05:26 pm

Do your gamelist.xml for PSX give the right path for the video ?

(edit : your screen a bit little Very Happy )

[RESOLVED] Need a bit of help with games list menus (some systems display differently) Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 22/12/23, 06:22 pm

Please try with default carbon theme first, we will not provide support for other themes.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 22/12/23, 08:21 pm

getupor wrote:Do your gamelist.xml for PSX give the right path for the video ?

I will check. I apologize for the screenshot size
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 22/12/23, 08:24 pm

tartifless wrote:Please try with default carbon theme first, we will not provide support for other themes.

Ok, I'll try with the carbon theme and see what happens also. I have a feeling when a launch file is in a folder other than the root system folder. This is just how it works. (Unless it can be changed by a developer)-- unless someone sees a different result on their installation.
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 22/12/23, 10:07 pm

getupor wrote:Do your gamelist.xml for PSX give the right path for the video ?

@getupor @tartifless

Yes, my gameslist file has all of the proper directories in it.

I have now learned that when I am on the emulations station games menu. If I click into the folder that the game is in (each folder has 1 game)-- then the video plays properly on the preview.

Is this working as designed? The preference would be, if possible, to have the video play even when on the folder before clicking into it on the emulation station games list (when there is only 1 game in the folder).
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 22/12/23, 10:25 pm

tartifless wrote:Please try with default carbon theme first, we will not provide support for other themes.
It also shows the same behavior when using the carbon theme. (When there is a single game in a folder, it shows a thumbnail, rather than playing the video)
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 25/12/23, 04:50 pm

@getupor and @tartifless

I got this working properly by turning off "show parent folder" in the emulation station settings.
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

getupor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down