RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Issue in setting up two virtual XBOX 360 controllers with Retroarch when using Mayflash dolphin bar

Go down

[RESOLVED] Issue in setting up two virtual XBOX 360 controllers with Retroarch when using Mayflash dolphin bar Empty [RESOLVED] Issue in setting up two virtual XBOX 360 controllers with Retroarch when using Mayflash dolphin bar

Post by Spulit 03/01/24, 05:56 pm

Hi there,

Before I share my current issue, let me first describe my setup.

I have Retrobat running on a mini PC and have two wireless DS4 controllers being mapped to two virtual XBOX 360 wireless controllers using DS4Windows. Also, I have a Mayflash DolphinBar and two Wiimote controllers to use when playing Wii games.

The issue I'm having is when configuring these virtual XBOX controllers to be used with Retroarch (while having Dolphinbar connected and powered up). If I use ES controller autoconfiguration, ES disables Retroarch input auto detect feature but the controllers simply don't work on Retroarch. Then, if I directly open Retroarch GUI, I can see that the input ports are set with the RVL-CNT-01 controllers (Wiimote interfaces provided by the Dolphinbar)!
If I disable ES controller autoconfiguration, then Retroarch's input auto detect is set to enabled (I honestly think Retrobat shouldn't do this so that we can use an input static configuration in Retroarch) and when I start a game I can see some pop-ups from Retroarch detecting these Wiimote interfaces. Of course, again the virtual XBOX controllers don't work.

So, as I see it, using Retroarch's input auto detect feature is a no go, because it detects the Wiimote interfaces from the Dolphinbar and automatically binds those to the first input ports.

When using ES controller autoconfiguration, I don't know how it works behind the scenes to provide the input configuration to Retroarch, but it seems that it is also being "confused" by these Wiimote interfaces. Let me stress that these controllers do not show up on ES interface.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Spulit
Spulit

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Issue in setting up two virtual XBOX 360 controllers with Retroarch when using Mayflash dolphin bar Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Issue in setting up two virtual XBOX 360 controllers with Retroarch when using Mayflash dolphin bar

Post by Spulit 04/01/24, 12:15 pm

So, I managed to somehow address the issue. I configured ES to use XInput as controller driver for Retroarch. Now I tested with SDL and it is working ok. Really don't understand why, but now it's ok.
Spulit
Spulit

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down