RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there an advantage to a light gun only setup?

3 posters

Go down

Is there an advantage to a light gun only setup? Empty Is there an advantage to a light gun only setup?

Post by Aixelsyd 27/02/24, 12:35 pm

I've seen a number of videos on light gun only setups of Retrobat. Is there an advantage to a light gun only setup or is it just a preference some have?

Aixelsyd
Aixelsyd

Back to top Go down

Is there an advantage to a light gun only setup? Empty Re: Is there an advantage to a light gun only setup?

Post by Destruk 29/02/24, 02:17 am

I suppose if all you like are gun games, then that is all you need right? A place in Australia makes gun game cabinets - https://xtremegamingcabinets.com.au/presta17/32-lightgun-cabs

Then again if it was me, and I had the space, I'd get a dedicated multigame gun game cab, a couple side-by-side networked driving cabinets, an arcade cabinet, a pinball cabinet, you know - keep them all together. It's much easier to set up when the controls for all the games are identical for all the other installed games and you just can't beat a driving wheel and shifter with 3 panoramic screens for that immersive experience. Also I read some light guns are recommended to be on their own USB bus - so if you're short on usb ports that might be an issue.
Destruk
Destruk

Back to top Go down

Is there an advantage to a light gun only setup? Empty Re: Is there an advantage to a light gun only setup?

Post by getupor 29/02/24, 04:03 pm

Hello...

I would say, in any case, no.
Because
- we can't guarantee what is inside these builds, and specifically the executable in there
- most of the pre build version are created with the 5.3 RetroBat version, which wasn't optimised for lightguns. Now, the V6 version is ready for lightguns, with specific options.

Is there an advantage to a light gun only setup? Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down