RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EmulationStation quit scripts not firing in v6

2 posters

Go down

EmulationStation quit scripts not firing in v6 Empty EmulationStation quit scripts not firing in v6

Post by CadeBoost 06/03/24, 03:13 pm

Hello team,

Thank you for the continued work in improving Retrobat with new features in v6.  

I use the EmulationStation "scripts" folder to run batch files when certain events occur, such as to update LEDBlinky on my arcade cabinet as games start, stop, or Retrobat shuts down.  This all worked well in v5, but after upgrading to v6, I am noticing that my batch files in the "quit" folder (C:\RetroBat\emulationstation\.emulationstation\scripts\quit) no longer run.

You can test this with a simple "test.bat" file placed in that folder with contents:

Code:
echo Testing > output.txt

Then run Retrobat v6 and shut it down and you'll see no "output.txt" file seems to be created, whereas it would in v5.  Putting the same "test.bat" file in other folders like "game-start", "game-end", etc. all do seem to execute the batch files ok.

Could you please check into this for the next update?  I use the "quit" batch file to ensure all the arcade control LEDs go off when no longer in Retrobat.  

Thank you for your help!
CadeBoost
CadeBoost

Back to top Go down

EmulationStation quit scripts not firing in v6 Empty Re: EmulationStation quit scripts not firing in v6

Post by ullms1 17/03/24, 07:12 pm

Any luck finding a solution? Have the same issue.
ullms1
ullms1

Back to top Go down