RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question setting emulator per game - Arcade specifically...

4 posters

Go down

Question setting emulator per game - Arcade specifically... Empty Question setting emulator per game - Arcade specifically...

Post by Virtualman 15/11/20, 01:57 am

Hi Team,

In the Pi day's I maintained a master emulators.cfg - you can find on my git repo https://github.com/virtual-man007/vman-retropie/blob/master/opt/retropie/configs/all/emulators.cfg

The ask:
1. In RetroBat when setting a specific game in ES, where does it store this master file?

2. I have spent months perfecting my arcade collection and tweaked each game to specific emulator in Pi day's - is there such a master global file I could edit and change accordingly?

Sincerely,
VMAN!
Virtualman

bilu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Question setting emulator per game - Arcade specifically... Empty Re: Question setting emulator per game - Arcade specifically...

Post by Kayl 15/11/20, 08:00 am

Hello,

RetroBat is not RetroPie. The files you're talking about have nothing to do with RetroBat. So emulators.cfg is only related to RetroPie and have absolutely no effect in RetroBat.

Question setting emulator per game - Arcade specifically... Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

Question setting emulator per game - Arcade specifically... Empty Re: Question setting emulator per game - Arcade specifically...

Post by bilu 15/11/20, 09:42 am

@Kayl

But what is the Retrobat equivalent? We're trying to find a way to convert the emulator choice for more than 2000 arcade games, and avoid having to set it manually.

So if we could know which files to change and format to adopt we could leverage in our Retropie emulators.cfg as source.

Take care,
Bilu
bilu
bilu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 15/11/20, 01:27 pm

I don't understand what you want to do.

In RetroBat, emulators are selected in EmulationStation menu but games are able to run without need to choose one in particular because they run with the emulator set as default.

Question setting emulator per game - Arcade specifically... Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 15/11/20, 02:47 pm

Clearly someone must of done this... for 2000+ Arcade games? If so there must be a master config with all those entries that's all we are looking for so the world does not need to do all this work as well.
- Arcade (If a game does not load - simply change emulator core) from ES > Arcade > Press Select > Advanced Game Option > Emulator and change to desired core (mame2003, mame2003plus, fbneo etc...)

Right now this has to be done manually from ES, where is the flat file that maintains all these specific per game setting?
We want to avoid re-inventing the wheel Smile

Sincerely,
VMAN!
Virtualman

andypandy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 15/11/20, 04:20 pm

I found where it saves on per game Smile - it has to be done manually unfortunately (binary files)

\RetroBat\saves\arcade\<fbneo> , <mame2003-plus> etc...

Only concerned at this point, all work we put into hard setting the emulator will future updates overwrite these files?

Sincerely,
VMAN!
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 21/11/20, 01:20 pm

Hi Team,

I have manually set each games (Arcade 2040) set to there appropriate emulator.
It 's all saved in Retrobat\saves\arcade\<core>\*.cfg

Can I ask why those files are binaries ?  I was hoping to automate it but it's all binaries hard to do but took me 2+ weeks to do manually and seems to persist.  I hope future retrobat updates won't erase those settings Smile - i will backup to death.

**IMPORTANT** If anyone uses same build will all that hardwork persist for setting each Arcade games to it's appropriate emulator?

Sincerely,
VMAN!
Virtualman

bilu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by andypandy 26/01/21, 01:04 am

Virtualman wrote:Clearly someone must of done this... for 2000+ Arcade games? If so there must be a master config with all those entries that's all we are looking for so the world does not need to do all this work as well.
- Arcade (If a game does not load - simply change emulator core) from ES > Arcade > Press Select > Advanced Game Option > Emulator and change to desired core (mame2003, mame2003plus, fbneo etc...)

Right now this has to be done manually from ES, where is the flat file that maintains all these specific per game setting?
We want to avoid re-inventing the wheel Smile

Sincerely,
VMAN!

i don't undestand how you solve it.Could you help me?

i need to set a specific core for a game (tutankhm.zip) and leave the others games with default core in Arcade collection.

ex: FBneo as default core, and Mame2010 for "tutankhm" game

is there any file were i can store game and core association?

it will be very usefull insted to change manualy every time that i change game, from ES > Arcade > Press Select > Advanced Game Option > Emulator and change to desired core (mame2003, mame2003plus, fbneo etc...)

Sincerely
ANDREA
andypandy
andypandy

Back to top Go down

Post by bilu 27/01/21, 07:38 pm

andypandy wrote:

i don't undestand how you solve it.Could you help me?

i need to set a specific core for a game (tutankhm.zip) and leave the others games with default core in Arcade collection.

ex: FBneo as default core, and Mame2010 for "tutankhm" game

is there any file were i can store game and core association?

it will be very usefull insted to change manualy every time that i change game, from ES > Arcade > Press Select > Advanced Game Option > Emulator and change to desired core (mame2003, mame2003plus, fbneo etc...)

Sincerely
ANDREA

Per game options are saved in .\RetroBat\roms\<system>\gamelist.xml ,e.g.

Code:
<game>
 <path>./tutankhm.zip</path>
 <name>Tutankham</name>
 <desc>...</desc>
 <emulator>libretro</emulator>
 <core>mame2010</core>
 </game>

Cheers,
Bilu
bilu
bilu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down