RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cant seem to get some Cave Shmups to run....?

3 posters

Go down

Cant seem to get some Cave Shmups to run....? Empty Cant seem to get some Cave Shmups to run....?

Post by Autobot 13/05/21, 11:50 pm

Hello: I was wondering if someone could help. I have a bunch of Cave games and it seems the more recent games dont seem to load and play. I have not done any crazy setting or changes to Retobat. Just took all the zip files and placed them in the Mame rom folder. The earlier games seem to run fine. I have tried to move the files to other rom folders like Cave and Arcade. And even tried to set it to different emulators but nothing seems to work. I feel like im doing something wrong or forgetting to do something. Any info/help would be great.
Autobot
Autobot

Back to top Go down

Cant seem to get some Cave Shmups to run....? Empty Re: Cant seem to get some Cave Shmups to run....?

Post by Lorenzolamas 14/05/21, 12:41 am

Hello,

the most recent CAVE games are not emulated on retroarch.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cant seem to get some Cave Shmups to run....? Empty Re: Cant seem to get some Cave Shmups to run....?

Post by Autobot 14/05/21, 09:04 am

I was able to get it to work for the most part. I guess i needed to update the cores in retroarch. I can get most of the games to work now. I thought updating using the retrobat update was part of that. All good now
Autobot
Autobot

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 14/05/21, 01:21 pm

yes, do not confuse Retrobat, EmulationStation and Retroarch.
So much the better if it works now. ;-)
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Lorenzolamas and Quetza like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hagui 25/05/21, 07:17 pm

I run all cave, shmups, btmups with mame64 inside retrobat.
Hagui
Hagui

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 25/05/21, 09:56 pm

Yep, but Mame64 standalone is not avaiable on Retrobat 3.1
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down