RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting fbneo configuration to stick

2 posters

Go down

Getting fbneo configuration to stick Empty Getting fbneo configuration to stick

Post by nscreated 25/08/21, 01:52 am

OK so so far things have been working very well.

I've heard good things about FinalBurn Neo and I'd like to use it as the default arcade emulator. So I put my arcade roms into the "arcade" folder instead of "mame" and they work great.

Except for one thing. For some reason, the fbneo core defaults to a 4:3 aspect ratio. I can temporarily fix this by going into the Retroarch settings and setting the aspect ratio to "core provided" under "Scaling". But those settings only apply to the current session. I can't make them stick.

Even when I save the settings to retroarch.cfg, that file must get overwritten by something else.

Scaling and aspect ratio options aren't included in BatGui.exe. Is there another .cfg file I need to edit to permanently configure aspect ratio for fbneo?

Also, it would be nice if I could have the bezel overlays from MAME in fbneo. I figure if I poke around enough I'll figure this out but figured I'd ask.

Thank you!
nscreated
nscreated

Back to top Go down

Getting fbneo configuration to stick Empty Re: Getting fbneo configuration to stick

Post by Lorenzolamas 25/08/21, 07:12 pm

Hello,

Please do not modify the system files, including Retroarch.

All the configurations are done from Retrobat.

Consider reading the FAQ if you don't know how it works.

The Finalburn Neo roms are to be put in the folder provided for this purpose:  \roms\fbneo

Bezels work fine with fbneo.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Getting fbneo configuration to stick Empty Re: Getting fbneo configuration to stick

Post by nscreated 26/08/21, 04:52 am

Thanks. Using /fbneo/ does give me bezels! But it's still stuck on 4:3 ratio. So I switched back to putting them in /mame/ and just using Mame, since it does not mess with aspect ratio.
nscreated
nscreated

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 26/08/21, 08:24 am

as I told you, the settings of games and systems are done from Retrobat.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down