RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding Saturn emulator Libretro-yabasanshiro

3 posters

Go down

Adding Saturn emulator Libretro-yabasanshiro  Empty Adding Saturn emulator Libretro-yabasanshiro

Post by T1moth 14/09/21, 08:15 pm

Is there a way of adding the yabasanshiro core to retroarch in retrobat that anyone knows of?
T1moth
T1moth

Back to top Go down

Adding Saturn emulator Libretro-yabasanshiro  Empty Re: Adding Saturn emulator Libretro-yabasanshiro

Post by T1moth 15/09/21, 01:30 pm

I solved this myself in a very crude manner but it worked. I downloaded a custom build that had the core I wanted and then compared folders and files side by side. I had to copy a couple of files across and edit es-systems.cfg. The video quality of Saturn emulation is much improved. I'm sure there is an easier way but in fact this only took about 15 minutes by working logically. The slowest part was finding and downloading an entire build (without roms) just to copy a couple of files. The editing of the cfg file is self explanatory if you look at the structure and the tags that are in use, you just add the yabasanshiro core to the list for the Saturn system.
T1moth
T1moth

Back to top Go down

Adding Saturn emulator Libretro-yabasanshiro  Empty Re: Adding Saturn emulator Libretro-yabasanshiro

Post by T1moth 16/09/21, 01:31 pm

The only reason this was a problem is that RetroArch in this version of RetroBat does not have the "Core Downloader" option in the "Online Updater" menu. Is there a better way around this?
T1moth
T1moth

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 16/09/21, 06:38 pm

Hello,

The reason is, if you want to make your own Retrobat fork, don't expect us to support something we haven't developed.

As specified at the top of this forum, we provide support for the latest version of RETROBAT, currently 4.0.2 and not other custom build or previous version.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T1moth 16/09/21, 07:04 pm

Lorenzolamas wrote:Hello,

The reason is, if you want to make your own Retrobat fork, don't expect us to support something we haven't developed.

As specified at the top of this forum, we provide support for the latest version of RETROBAT, currently 4.0.2 and not other custom build or previous version.

OK thanks, is there any chance that the yabasanshiro core will be added to retroarch in some future update of RetroBat? I think RetroBat is excellent and I prefer to use the official version, custom builds are overcomplicated and of no interest to me. 4.0.2 does allow a small amount of adjustment so it can be adapted to different hardware needs and I thought that adding a core was just a minor adjustment. I'm sorry if this is not the case and I have crossed a line, I just wanted to get it working as well as possible on my PC.
T1moth
T1moth

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 16/09/21, 07:55 pm

Hello,

Why do you want yabasanshiro core ?

Mednafen Saturn and Kronos are not good enough ?

Adding Saturn emulator Libretro-yabasanshiro  Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

Post by T1moth 16/09/21, 08:19 pm

Kayl wrote:Hello,

Why do you want core ?

Mednafen Saturn and Kronos are not good enough ?

I find yabasanshiro much smoother with better graphics on my PC.
T1moth
T1moth

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 16/09/21, 09:58 pm

Kronos is a fork of Yabasanshiro with more graphics options, which is always in active developement. This is not the case of Yabasanshiro which seems discontinued with no update since months.

Adding Saturn emulator Libretro-yabasanshiro  Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

Post by T1moth 16/09/21, 10:03 pm

Kayl wrote:Kronos is a fork of Yabasanshiro with more graphics options, which is always in active developement. This is not the case of Yabasanshiro which seems discontinued with no update since months.

That is very interesting, I'll look into it and see if I can get it running nicely. Thanks for the explanation.
T1moth
T1moth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down