RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PDF/Manual Reader for Magazines, Comics, Guides, etc?

2 posters

Go down

PDF/Manual Reader for Magazines, Comics, Guides, etc? Empty PDF/Manual Reader for Magazines, Comics, Guides, etc?

Post by GatorCountry 10/10/22, 02:25 am

Howdy all, hope this is the proper section for what I'm asking.

The manual reader that opens the pdf manuals is pretty great. I'm wondering if it'd be possible to use it to open other media in a section similar to roms. I realize I'd have to convert CBZ and such to PDF but that's no bother really. Only thing is I can't figure out what exactly is opening the PDFs so I can't hardly add a section for PDFs. I did experiment a little and spoofed an issue of nintendo power as a manual for mario. It opened, looked, controlled by controller, and closed fine.

It'd be pretty great to add a section in roms for digitized paper media. I thought it'd be simple enough but for the life of me I can't seem to launch any PDF with whatever viewer is being used in RetroBat outside of making RB think it's a manual.

Cheers buds.
GatorCountry
GatorCountry

Back to top Go down

PDF/Manual Reader for Magazines, Comics, Guides, etc? Empty Re: PDF/Manual Reader for Magazines, Comics, Guides, etc?

Post by getupor 10/10/22, 09:02 am

Hello
There is a folder "medias" that allow you to place digital content on Retrobat. Don't remember if it automatically created, or if it have to be activated... But if you look to the es-systems.cfg, you will see.

PDF/Manual Reader for Magazines, Comics, Guides, etc? Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down