RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 isn't working in RetroBat

2 posters

Go down

Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 isn't working in RetroBat Empty Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 isn't working in RetroBat

Post by EbonHydra 29/10/22, 10:53 pm

Hello. First of all, I would like to say hi to the mods here as I'm a new user.

But with those pleasantries out of the way, I guess I should just get on with my issue. Evil or Very Mad

I've tried launching RetroBat on a computer that I've been planning to just set up so that it will actually start after I log-into Windows instead of having it go to the desktop 1st., and plan to have input controlled by a Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710. Of course, I've been running into more than one issue with this particular method of getting things to work, particularly when it comes to the "controlling" bit.

Allow me to explain:
1. I cannot seem to map the buttons on the controllers to control things within the Retrobat menu.
2. I cannot seem to have the controllers respond to any button input when I'm trying to map things to be controlled in the Retrobat menu. (I'm unsure if this is an issue with my OS or RetroBat itself.)
3. I tried using my keyboard to map things, and it "seems" to work fine. However, I do not want to be playing any game whatsoever using the keyboard, unless it's a game like Minecraft where in the Java edition I have no choice but to.
4. A combination of factors 1, 2, and 3 have made me so frustrated that I came here, registered an account, and said I had this specific issue to begin with.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or any other information, please do not hesitate to let me know. Very Happy
EbonHydra
EbonHydra

Back to top Go down

Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 isn't working in RetroBat Empty Re: Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 isn't working in RetroBat

Post by getupor 30/10/22, 07:31 am

Hello, and welcome here.

First of all, i suppose that you are running V4, isn't it ?
When you use Gamepad tester, how your pad is recognised ?

I think that the best should be to wait for the V5 version of Retrobat, that should offer a better pad handling (specially for non Xinput pad).

Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 isn't working in RetroBat Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

EbonHydra likes this post

Back to top Go down

Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 isn't working in RetroBat Empty Re: Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 isn't working in RetroBat

Post by EbonHydra 30/10/22, 11:59 am

getupor wrote:Hello, and welcome here.

First of all, i suppose that you are running V4, isn't it ?
When you use Gamepad tester, how your pad is recognised ?

I think that the best should be to wait for the V5 version of Retrobat, that should offer a better pad handling (specially for non Xinput pad).

I suppose I may have left some details out when I was explaining. First of all, I don't have this issue with Retrobat on my laptop computer which is kind of my main PC anyway (Of course, I just use an Xbox One controller for videogames in Retrobat - not the Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710. It works just fine using an Xbox One controller.)

Second, I may have to check the version number of the Retrobat instance on the computer that I'm even having the issue with. (Perhaps V5 may solve all of my problems. I don't know.)

Third, I have not tried Game Pad Tester. Maybe that will allow me to have some light shed on this problem.
EbonHydra
EbonHydra

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonHydra 31/10/22, 02:46 pm

Update on the Retrobat Issue I have - Well, the controllers seem to work fine. I believe that the USB that I had them both plugged into wasn't really being recognized by Windows, so I believe it would have been an OS driver issue.

I still am running V4 (not sure what the precise version is. Will wait for V5.)

Because of my now plugging the controllers into other USB ports (excluding the ones I had them in) I apparently don't seem to have that issue anymore. Apparently. But I think I have a new, unrelated issue now.
EbonHydra
EbonHydra

getupor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 04/11/22, 06:53 pm

Retrobat V5 should work better for pad behaviour, but need some tests (and feedback also)

Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 isn't working in RetroBat Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

EbonHydra likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonHydra 05/11/22, 12:06 am

getupor wrote:Retrobat V5 should work better for pad behaviour, but need some tests (and feedback also)

Good advice. cherry
It's just I was planning to kind of just have Retrobat on 1 PC to just kind of just pack into say, a backpack and head someplace - (With Retrobat + files on an external hard drive)
And one just to play it at home, in my living room - when I'm not out touching grass, and say, in case a second player decides to join.
EbonHydra
EbonHydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down