RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ES crashes with SIGSEGV when original Xbox 360 wireless gamepad disconnects

2 posters

Go down

ES crashes with SIGSEGV when original Xbox 360 wireless gamepad disconnects Empty ES crashes with SIGSEGV when original Xbox 360 wireless gamepad disconnects

Post by Zoomer 07/02/24, 06:26 pm

Hi everyone again!

I've encountered an issue where Emulation Station sometimes crashes when Xbox 360 gamepad disconnects.

I'm using an original (read, genuine) MS Xbox 360 wireless gamepad together with original MS wireless usb receiver.

When crashed, the following is printed out in es_log.txt:

2024-02-07 17:56:34 ERROR Interrupt signal SIGSEGV received.

It's just a single line, nothing before except the usual message about "mess" system not being configured - but that's during the ES launch.

It doesn't happen all the time, only sometimes. But it's easy to reproduce when connecting and disconnecting the gamepad several times. However, I don't think it's due to such a spam, as I mostly encounter this issue when the gamepad silently disconnects after idle timeout (it's a built-in feature).

If I disable the "Show controller activity" and the "Show controller battery level" options in the Retrobat's controller settings, it will happen less often. But it still happens sometimes.

My system is Windows 11 23H2. Steam autostart is disabled - so no controllers are being initialized by it.

I've also tried changing the SDL version from the BatGUI (oldest, newest and the mentioned in the description) and resetting gamepad config each time. The problem persists.

Any advice would be appreciated. I can also move this to github, if needed.
Zoomer
Zoomer

Back to top Go down

ES crashes with SIGSEGV when original Xbox 360 wireless gamepad disconnects Empty Re: ES crashes with SIGSEGV when original Xbox 360 wireless gamepad disconnects

Post by reweiss 27/02/24, 06:22 pm

I have a similar problem. Ever since I upgraded to Retrobat 6, whenever my game controller powers off (times out) Retrobat automatically quits, even when I am in the middle of scraping. Is there a way to configure Retrobat to not quit when a game controller disconnects or is powered off?
reweiss
reweiss

Back to top Go down