RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Game Settings Menu Option in Main Menu.

2 posters

Go down

Missing Game Settings Menu Option in Main Menu. Empty Missing Game Settings Menu Option in Main Menu.

Post by wejarvis4 10/12/22, 01:28 am

I'm new to RetroBat.  I've used Retro Pie and Batocera on a number of device though.   I've install RetroBat and all works great until the "Game Settings" option and the "Retroachievements" menu options disappear from the main menu.  I install RetroBat on a new drive and it works right for a while.  I start loading roms and sure enough, "Game Settings" disappears.  If I shut it down and open it back up... it's still missing.  I've been through this about 6 times in the last few days... fresh install, start loading roms and those disappear.  I'm not sure why and I don't know how to bring them back, so I stop loading and start over with a new drive, different order for systems, different themes, hoping to get one that works, but no matter what I do they disappear.  It has me not wanting to use this.  Please someone help.

It does do it it at first.  Then later disappears.  The last time I loaded NES, SNES, & N64 and all was good.  I then loaded GC, Wii and Wii U and it did it after I was fixing some scrapping misses.  Wii and Wii U tended to be some of the later roms loaded so could there be something in those roms doing it?

Also is there a max number of collections in EmulationStation. I like to use custom collections to hold each series, so in addition to the systems I have ones for Mario, Zelda, etc. Maybe 25 in total.
wejarvis4
wejarvis4

Back to top Go down

Missing Game Settings Menu Option in Main Menu. Empty Re: Missing Game Settings Menu Option in Main Menu.

Post by getupor 10/12/22, 09:05 am

Hello
Can you make us a screen of your Retrobat folder, specially the content of the .Emulationstation one ?
Do you have an antivirus ?

Missing Game Settings Menu Option in Main Menu. Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Missing Game Settings Menu Option in Main Menu. Empty Re: Missing Game Settings Menu Option in Main Menu.

Post by wejarvis4 10/12/22, 04:20 pm

I’ve been deleting RetroBat after the issue so I need to reproduce it first. One I do I’ll post. Yesterday I had deleted all folders except for roms and reinstalled and it still had the issue with only the rom folder remaining. So I’m going to try creating a handful of RetroBat installs and loading one system to each to see if a particular system is causing it (I think wii or Wii U)

I do have antivirus and it did flag something the first time installing but I told it to ignore that and it hasnt flagged it again.
wejarvis4
wejarvis4

Back to top Go down

Post by wejarvis4 10/12/22, 08:04 pm

So I made a bunch of copies of RetroBat and loaded different systems into each one, and as predicted, any copy that has the Wii U games in it has the issue. That seems so crazy. I'm going to try any load just a few, to see if I can isolate while rom is doing it, since I organically had 1 loaded without issue.
wejarvis4
wejarvis4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down