RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[5.1] Shaders on supermodel always reset

4 posters

Go down

[5.1] Shaders on supermodel always reset Empty [5.1] Shaders on supermodel always reset

Post by Dovey79 29/01/23, 07:23 pm

Hello. Well done for everyone's hard work on retrobat.

Not sure if I'm being daft but I'm having trouble with the shaders on supermodel emulator. Never been an issue until this update. Everytime I set the shaders up by pressing home and changing resolution and curvature as before but it never saves the settings. So when I quit out the emulator and reload it I have to do it again. Every time.

I know the shaders have had a work out in this version and are already aware of the model2 issue but this is bugging me. Is it me or does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for your time.
Jon
Dovey79
Dovey79

Back to top Go down

[5.1] Shaders on supermodel always reset Empty Re: [5.1] Shaders on supermodel always reset

Post by Lorenzolamas 29/01/23, 08:43 pm

Hello,

i don't understand :

"I set the shaders up by pressing home and changing resolution"
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

[5.1] Shaders on supermodel always reset Empty Re: [5.1] Shaders on supermodel always reset

Post by Dovey79 29/01/23, 11:58 pm

Hi yes the home key on keyboard to bring up the reshade menu.
In crtgeom.fx (curvature shader) I usually change the screen and frame height to 400.

It always goes back to 228. I see the reshadepreset.ini is now in the reshade-shaders folder but this also changes to 228 as well. I guess there is now some workings to make different shaders happen as the model2 and supermodel were marked as disabled in system/shaders/configs but are now calling out the .fx files.

All of which is fine but i cant see how to save any changes....

Thanks for the help
Jon
Dovey79
Dovey79

Back to top Go down

Post by Modernfx 30/01/23, 12:11 am

I updated to the 5.1 stable and now no games work.
How can I revert back to the previous version?
Modernfx
Modernfx

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovey79 30/01/23, 12:32 am

Interesting.

I created a new reshadepreset.ini file and called it in the reshade.ini file but it was overwritten so didn't work. Tried the reshade.ini as a read only but supermodel fails to launch.

Looks like the emulator laucher now writes the reshade config on each execution. Interesting but difficult to have any end user input i guess...
Dovey79
Dovey79

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovey79 30/01/23, 12:41 am

Modern fx if you didn't keep your old version that may be tricky without a fresh install. What is not working? Have you installed all emulators? Are your paths correct in your gamelists?
If you look around a bit I'm sure 5.1 will work
Dovey79
Dovey79

Back to top Go down

Post by Modernfx 30/01/23, 12:49 am

Every time I try to run a game it says:

AN ERROR OCCURRED:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source

Everything was working fine with 5.0
Modernfx
Modernfx

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 30/01/23, 12:52 am

Modernfx wrote:Every time I try to run a game it says:

AN ERROR OCCURRED:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source

Everything was working fine with 5.0

Please open a new ticket, and look at the wiki, there is a fix published for this.

[5.1] Shaders on supermodel always reset Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Modernfx 30/01/23, 12:53 am

Thank you. Appreciate this.
Modernfx
Modernfx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 30/01/23, 09:59 pm

Dovey79 wrote:Modern fx if you didn't keep your old version that may be tricky without a fresh install. What is not working? Have you installed all emulators? Are your paths correct in your gamelists?
If you look around a bit I'm sure 5.1 will work

shaders cannot be selected from the Reshade menu, as with all systems on Retrobat, you have to use the menus in Retrobat.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovey79 31/01/23, 09:01 pm

Not trying to select the shader just alter the parameters of it.

Model2 and 3 I think were ega (medium) resolution so ran at 640x400 resolution. So I'm just trying to emulate it with the native resolution, not a lower one.

Retrobat has no options to change the parameters of a shader unless I'm mistaken. Perhaps it could be an option in retrobat menu in future?

Thanks
Jon
Dovey79
Dovey79

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 01/02/23, 07:33 pm

No option to change the parameters for shader using Reshade.

you can change de resolution directly on Retrobat:

[5.1] Shaders on supermodel always reset 7Wtwnq9
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovey79 14/02/23, 02:08 pm

Just to let you know I have sorted this issue and can now be closed.

Thanks again to the retrobat team. Awesome work Smile
Dovey79
Dovey79

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 14/02/23, 07:13 pm

Ok, but how ?
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down