RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone tried buying a preconfigured RetroBat HDD from Retro Mini Store?

3 posters

Go down

Has anyone tried buying a preconfigured RetroBat HDD from Retro Mini Store? Empty Has anyone tried buying a preconfigured RetroBat HDD from Retro Mini Store?

Post by Minaz 29/01/23, 08:39 pm

I am wondering if anyone has bought a HDD from Retro Mini Store and if you felt it was worth it?

I am interested in running RetroBat but figured that if someone else can work out the technical details of getting the whole thing running, and even throw in some ROMs, it might be worth spending a bit extra to save the time and headache, especially if you have no idea how to get everything running. I have read the Wiki and while it has a lot of good information, I am still not confident that I will be able to get it all running and properly configured, and even if I do, it will probably take a lot of time.

Also, the package comes with 60,000 games and they say it is a highly curated list, and I can't even imagine how much time it would take to go through and test 60,000 games across all the platforms to make sure they are all functioning correctly! Provided they are high quality games as the page claims of course. I have no clue what games are included, so that is one of my concerns.

Anyway, a 16TB HDD costs around $300, so this company is charging about $450 to install RetroBat, properly configure it in a portable format (so it can run of the hard disk), and install 60,000 games (not to mention they include a photo of each game cartridge and a short video clip of the game play too). Does this sound like a good value? I realize again I don't have the games list so it may not be possible to definitively answer the question, but assuming that they select only the best titles that are ready to play.

Last edited by getupor on 29/01/23, 08:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link removed)
Minaz
Minaz

Back to top Go down

Has anyone tried buying a preconfigured RetroBat HDD from Retro Mini Store? Empty Re: Has anyone tried buying a preconfigured RetroBat HDD from Retro Mini Store?

Post by Kayl 29/01/23, 08:53 pm

Hi,

Do you know that you are on the official RetroBat's forum ?

Selling RetroBat on preconfigured HDD is totally prohibited. IF YOU PAID FOR THAT YOU HAD BEEN SCAMMED. THIS IS TOTALLY ILLEGAL.

Has anyone tried buying a preconfigured RetroBat HDD from Retro Mini Store? Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

retrojefolo and Minaz like this post

Back to top Go down

Has anyone tried buying a preconfigured RetroBat HDD from Retro Mini Store? Empty Re: Has anyone tried buying a preconfigured RetroBat HDD from Retro Mini Store?

Post by Minaz 29/01/23, 08:58 pm

Kayl wrote:Hi,

Do you know that you are on the official RetroBat's forum ?

Selling RetroBat on preconfigured HDD is totally prohibited. I YOU PAID FOR THAT YOU HAD BEEN SCAMMED. THIS IS TOTALLY ILLEGAL.

Oh wow good thing I didn't buy it. I guess I will have to do it the old-fashioned way, then.
Minaz
Minaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 29/01/23, 09:06 pm

@Minaz

When you start Retrobat for the first time, this message appear:

Has anyone tried buying a preconfigured RetroBat HDD from Retro Mini Store? Retrobat_message_eng

Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down