RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] How to change RetroArch Save Directory for ALL systems

3 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] How to change RetroArch Save Directory for ALL systems Empty [RESOLVED] How to change RetroArch Save Directory for ALL systems

Post by ChillaMatt Thu 2 Feb - 3:20

I have a folder on my NAS drive to save all of my RetroArch saves, so I can resume a game on another device.

When I open RetroArch from the RetroBat menu and changed the directory settings to have my save files save on the NAS drive, I went to save the configuration settings.

I then opened a SNES game using SNES9X Libretro core for RetroArch and realized that my game save didn't load from the NAS drive and started a new game instead. When I exited the game and went back to RetroArch from the RetroBat menu, I went to the directory settings and saw that the saves directory switched to C:\RetroBat\saves\snes.

I don't want RetroArch to save files to the default RetroBat saves folders. I instead want all of the files to be saved to a folder located on my NAS drive. What setting should I change in order to change my RetroArch game saves to be saved on my NAS drive?
ChillaMatt
ChillaMatt

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] How to change RetroArch Save Directory for ALL systems Empty Re: [RESOLVED] How to change RetroArch Save Directory for ALL systems

Post by getupor Thu 2 Feb - 7:01

Hello
Maybe it's better in this case, to avoid breaking all installation (and doing the same on each update), to copy the saves folder on your Nas, and make a symbolic link to Retrobat.
https://wiki.retrobat.org/tutorials/symbolic-links

[RESOLVED] How to change RetroArch Save Directory for ALL systems Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Lorenzolamas and ChillaMatt like this post

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] How to change RetroArch Save Directory for ALL systems Empty Re: [RESOLVED] How to change RetroArch Save Directory for ALL systems

Post by ChillaMatt Thu 2 Feb - 13:21

getupor wrote:Hello
Maybe it's better in this case, to avoid breaking all installation (and doing the same on each update), to copy the saves folder on your Nas, and make a symbolic link to Retrobat.
https://wiki.retrobat.org/tutorials/symbolic-links

This worked, thank you for your help.
ChillaMatt
ChillaMatt

Lorenzolamas and getupor like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by voo2 Thu 11 May - 22:27

I did it the same way. It works, but not on every system. I also installed RetroBat on my Surface Pro 5 and symbolic links are not possible there.

So an official setting to set the savestate path (e.g. in retrobat.ini) would be very helpful. I would also like to see a setting for saves.
voo2
voo2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down