RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to change cores retroarch configuration?

2 posters

Go down

How to change cores retroarch configuration? Empty How to change cores retroarch configuration?

Post by lopapa 20/09/20, 10:35 am

Hello,
Can you change the configuration of the retroarch cores?
Every time I change some configuration, when I re-run the core to load a rom, the changes are not saved. For example:

Core: Mupen64plus-next (2.1vulkan)
1) I open a game.
2) I enter the retroarch configuration and go to the core options.
3) I change FXAA to 1 and MSAA level to 16
4) I leave Retroarch.
5) I reopen the same game
6) The setting is not saved.

A greeting,
lopapa
lopapa

Back to top Go down

How to change cores retroarch configuration? Empty Re: How to change cores retroarch configuration?

Post by lopapa 20/09/20, 11:59 am

Another case, but little diferent. I want change a retroarch option (not a core option).
Can i change a configuration from retroarch? How?

For example:
I want change the "windowed fullscreen" option* in retroarch and set to off. When I set to off and leave retroarch, when reopen option stills in on.

*Retroarch --> Settings --> Video --> Fullscreen Mode --> Windowed Fullscreen Mode
lopapa
lopapa

Back to top Go down

How to change cores retroarch configuration? Empty Re: How to change cores retroarch configuration?

Post by Kayl 20/09/20, 12:01 pm

Hello,

Changes are not saved because what you're trying to do is impossible. It's either FXAA or MSAA not both at the same time.

How to change cores retroarch configuration? Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lopapa 20/09/20, 08:01 pm

Kayl wrote:Hello,

Changes are not saved because what you're trying to do is impossible. It's either FXAA or MSAA not both at the same time.

Sorry, I hadn't realized that they were two types of technology to do the same thing.

If I activate only FXAA to 1 it is also not saved.
If I activate only MSAA at 16, it is not saved either.
The "windowed fullscreen" configuration is also not saved

Is it possible to save the settings made in some way? Or is there no way?

Regards,
lopapa
lopapa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 20/09/20, 10:00 pm

To answer you I made a new installation of retrobat 3.1 to be sure my custom dev install doesn't interfere and I have no problem to get my settings saved. Core settings are normaly auto saved, you have nothing to do. But maybe you run retrobat from a full admin account or with UAC deactivated, in this case RetroBat cannot function properly. If you downloaded RetroBat from an unofficial source or have manually updated retroarch you can also expect some issues like this.

How to change cores retroarch configuration? Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lopapa 21/09/20, 08:25 pm

Kayl wrote:To answer you I made a new installation of retrobat 3.1 to be sure my custom dev install doesn't interfere and I have no problem to get my settings saved. Core settings are normaly auto saved, you have nothing to do. But maybe you run retrobat from a full admin account or with UAC deactivated, in this case RetroBat cannot function properly. If you downloaded RetroBat from an unofficial source or have manually updated retroarch you can also expect some issues like this.

Hello,
I have done the test again but performing all the installation from 0. The installation has been done on a clean installation of windows 10 v2004, updating drivers and windows update. I have downloaded the bundle pack from here:

https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t178-alternative-links-to-download-retrobat

I have decompressed it into D:Retrobat. I have put a rom of n64. I have made sure to have UAC and to run it normally (no administrator rights, check by looking in the task manager).
I have run the rom, increased the resolution and activated fxaa to 1 and increased the crop.
I quit rom. When I go back in, I only have the resolution saved. Neither fxaa nor crop is saved.

As a conclusion of the test I see that some options of at least the n64 core are saved.

Greetings,

UPDATE1--> I tried the SNES and it does save changes correctly.
lopapa
lopapa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down