RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] I need info about shaders

5 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] I need info about shaders Empty [RESOLVED] I need info about shaders

Post by Anubis 20/03/23, 11:47 pm

I'm happy with the crt-new pixie shader, but I would like to know if there is a way to change some parameters like curvature, blur and more. I know the best thing about Retrobat is your work to make it work without touching anything in Retroarch. That's why I like your system. It would be nice to be able to make changes to shaders like you do in Retroarch. I know it's a lot of work for all of you who make Retrobat possible and it's not something that can be done quickly. But how can I keep my settings saved while there's a chance that in the future this can be done in the Retrobat menu?
Anubis
Anubis

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] I need info about shaders Empty Re: [RESOLVED] I need info about shaders

Post by Lorenzolamas 21/03/23, 12:17 am

Hi, (is still not optional..)

you have consulted the wiki ?... scratch

like this one: https://wiki.retrobat.org/tutorials/adding-retroarch-shader-sets-to-retrobat

does that answer your question?
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

CaptD likes this post

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] I need info about shaders Empty Re: [RESOLVED] I need info about shaders

Post by Anubis 21/03/23, 10:09 am

Yes, I have seen on the wiki, but I understand that it is to add a new shader. I honestly don't want to add things that the retrobat team hasn't added. What I have tried is to change values in case I get changes in the file:
RetroBat\system\shaders\configs\crt-new-pixie\CRT-NewPixie.fx

For example, I have changed the curvature parameter from 2.0 to 1.25 on line 135 of the CRT-NewPixie.fx file, but I have seen that it does nothing. So I'm interested if there is any way to make that change. I'm using retrobat's default decorations, they look great. I am with the adjustment of all the decorations. I see that some are not right in my opinion. I have also created several new decorations. If I can make the adjustments and then this interests you, I can share it with you.
Anubis
Anubis

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 21/03/23, 10:14 am

Hello
Have you tried like the exemple on the wiki, to add a preset, then edit the .slangp file that contains configuration information?
BTW we can't add every presets existing... People have to adapt in some case according their needs

[RESOLVED] I need info about shaders Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Anubis and CaptD like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis 21/03/23, 12:44 pm

Don't worry and I understand what you're saying, you can't do everything for all opinions. That's why I ask for help. I'm going to try what you say add the presets
Anubis
Anubis

getupor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis 21/03/23, 11:39 pm

Perfect I got what I needed thanks you can close the post, thanks
Anubis
Anubis

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kanu 26/04/23, 08:58 pm

Hello world, just to say a massive thank you for this wiki page.
I had the same issue with the overkill curvature of new-pixie so I've fine-tuned the shader directly inside Retroarch, then saved it as a new shader.

It was saved at the root of:
\RetroBat\emulators\retroarch\shaders

Afterwards, all I had to do was to copy it into a new folder inside "\RetroBat\system\shaders\configs" and create/populate the "rendering-defaults.yml" file, just as mentioned in the wiki.

Kudos for the tip and thanks to the Retrobat team!
kanu
kanu

getupor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by markbabu 01/11/23, 11:46 pm

kanu wrote:Hello world, just to say a massive thank you for this wiki page.
I had the same issue with the overkill curvature of new-pixie so I've fine-tuned the shader directly inside Retroarch, then saved it as a new shader.

It was saved at the root of:
\RetroBat\emulators\retroarch\shaders

Afterwards, all I had to do was to copy it into a new folder inside "\RetroBat\system\shaders\configs" and create/populate the "rendering-defaults.yml" file, just as mentioned in the wiki.

Kudos for the tip and thanks to the Retrobat team!

can you explain detailder how do you removed the curvatureto the shader in retroarch?
I'm trying to do the same thing but I can't understand how
markbabu
markbabu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down