RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Need Help Starting Commodore 64 Games in Retrobat

3 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Need Help Starting Commodore 64 Games in Retrobat Empty [RESOLVED] Need Help Starting Commodore 64 Games in Retrobat

Post by nanduszen 22/05/23, 07:10 pm

Hello everyone,

I hope this post finds you well. I am having a bit of trouble with emulating Commodore 64 games on Retrobat. Specifically, I'm trying to play H.E.R.O., and I seem to be stuck at a screen that asks "Unlimited Lives ??" I've been searching through the FAQ and various other resources, but I've been unable to find a solution.

I'm using an Xbox controller that's plugged in and working fine. I've tested it with other emulators, and it's operating as expected. However, for some reason, I can't seem to progress past this screen in the C64 emulator.

Could anyone provide some insight into the default command inputs for Commodore 64 games in Retrobat? Any advice on how to get past this screen and start the game would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. Looking forward to hearing from you. I also cant start other c64 games, they load fine but i just can do any inputs.
nanduszen
nanduszen

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Need Help Starting Commodore 64 Games in Retrobat Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Need Help Starting Commodore 64 Games in Retrobat

Post by Lorenzolamas 22/05/23, 09:06 pm

Hi,

it's not an emulation problem, just that you don't know how to answer yes or no, take another non-hacked rom and you won't have a problem.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Need Help Starting Commodore 64 Games in Retrobat Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Need Help Starting Commodore 64 Games in Retrobat

Post by nanduszen 22/05/23, 10:56 pm

Thank you, i just found out what was going on.
nanduszen
nanduszen

Back to top Go down

Post by Stavros75 30/05/23, 01:15 am

nanduszen wrote:Thank you, i just found out what was going on.
Can you please write down what was wrong? Maybe it can help others.
Stavros75
Stavros75

Back to top Go down

Post by nanduszen 30/05/23, 02:01 pm

Stavros75 wrote:
nanduszen wrote:Thank you, i just found out what was going on.
Can you please write down what was wrong? Maybe it can help others.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to provide an update on the problem I was facing regarding a specific keyboard command required by the rom I was using for emulation. I was struggling with this issue for some time, not being able to find the specific command to progress further in my game. It was quite the stumbling block.

Fortunately, thanks to some solid advice I received from our forum admin, I've now managed to find a solution. The admin advised me to consider finding and using a different rom, suggesting that there might be an alternative out there that didn't require this elusive keyboard command or at least provided clearer instructions for operation.

I took that advice to heart and started a diligent search for a new rom. It did take a while, but I finally found an alternative rom that is not just compatible but also much more user-friendly. It doesn't require any intricate keyboard commands, which was a huge relief!

This whole experience reinforced the idea that sometimes, if you're struggling too much with a problem, it might be time to consider if there's an entirely different approach you could be taking.

Thanks once again to our helpful admin and this supportive community for guiding me through this predicament. I hope this post might be of help to anyone else who encounters similar issues in the future.

Game on!
nanduszen
nanduszen

getupor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Stavros75 30/05/23, 03:09 pm

Great to know that you managed to make it work like that. Did you find a romset or a specific rom?
Stavros75
Stavros75

Back to top Go down

Post by nanduszen 30/05/23, 03:32 pm

Stavros75 wrote:Great to know that you managed to make it work like that. Did you find a romset or a specific rom?

Specific rom, had to test many of those Sad Roms for this system are weird.
nanduszen
nanduszen

Back to top Go down

Post by Stavros75 30/05/23, 03:33 pm

I see. Thank you for your feedback. 👍👍
Stavros75
Stavros75

nanduszen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down