RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any good tool to rename roms from a database? And validate the files?

2 posters

Go down

Any good tool to rename roms from a database? And validate the files? Empty Any good tool to rename roms from a database? And validate the files?

Post by bub 14/07/23, 02:14 pm

Hey!

I wonder if there exists any tool which can mass rename my ROMs?

I guess it could use a file's SHA (or other hash) to identify it, and then it'll know what to rename the file into by using a database. I have a lot of badly named files, mainly for Atari ST.

It would also be nice if a tool could check the validity of all ROM files by loading them in the appropriate emulator and watching for an error if possible.

If there are any tools and databases like that, I'd be super happy to get some tips!

(It would be cool if they became integrated with Retrobat, but an external tool is also fine)
bub
bub

Back to top Go down

Any good tool to rename roms from a database? And validate the files? Empty Re: Any good tool to rename roms from a database? And validate the files?

Post by CADScott 07/08/23, 11:36 pm

Hey there,

There are a few tools for this, but the best one I have found is ClrMamePro.  It used DAT files which will check the hash against known good dumps and rename and clean your ROMs.

The DATs can be found in many places, but the main place I use is Dat-o-Matic, which is constantly updated.

This is not the easiest software to understand, but it is VERY powerful and well worth your learning!
CADScott
CADScott

Back to top Go down

Any good tool to rename roms from a database? And validate the files? Empty Re: Any good tool to rename roms from a database? And validate the files?

Post by bub 13/08/23, 12:23 pm

Thank you! Much appreciated! I will check out both of them! Sorry for the late reply, it's been vacation time here in Sweden.
bub
bub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down