RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I rename a controller? And will the name follow to other machines?

2 posters

Go down

How do I rename a controller? And will the name follow to other machines? Empty How do I rename a controller? And will the name follow to other machines?

Post by bub 14/07/23, 02:40 pm

Hello!

I am using a few different controllers. I'm not affiliated with 8Bitdo, but my controllers all work great with Retrobat!

My question is about the controller name that Retrobat shows. For example, for my "8Bitdo SN30 Pro Bluetooth" controller, it says something like "xbox series s controller". Is that something that I can change somehow?

Underneath the name is says something about Bluetooth and an id. So perhaps the name and setup will also work on another machine if I bring the controller? (I put Retrobat in a Dropbox folder)
bub
bub

Back to top Go down

How do I rename a controller? And will the name follow to other machines? Empty Re: How do I rename a controller? And will the name follow to other machines?

Post by tartifless 14/07/23, 08:09 pm

Hello,

It is not possible to rename controllers, this is the default sdl controller name.

How do I rename a controller? And will the name follow to other machines? Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

How do I rename a controller? And will the name follow to other machines? Empty Re: How do I rename a controller? And will the name follow to other machines?

Post by bub 29/07/23, 12:10 pm

Thanks for the answer!

I guess it should be possible somehow, but it would require coding. Having a mapping from SDL GUID to a custom name, or default to the currently used name, would be one way. But I understand that it might not be a prioritized feature, especially if only I miss it.
bub
bub

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 29/07/23, 01:16 pm

Hello, but it would generate problems in many emulator, as they use the sdl2 name to configure controllers

How do I rename a controller? And will the name follow to other machines? Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bub 29/07/23, 04:44 pm

Hi! I guess it would only be a way to present the controllers in the menu and then the emulator could get the name or GUID like today. But there are probably other more important things to fix and work on. Just a thought!
bub
bub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down