RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] My PlayStation 3 Emulator wont read my Game m3u format.

+3
DeadVoivod
matto21
KittyKattie
7 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] My PlayStation 3 Emulator wont read my Game m3u format. Empty [RESOLVED] My PlayStation 3 Emulator wont read my Game m3u format.

Post by KittyKattie 22/07/23, 06:22 am

Hi everyone its me Kattie Zelford and I'm having a mayor issue with my PlayStation 3 emulator. I had done everything to try to figure how to get this work but some odd reason its wont work at all. I also followed Just Jamie's PS3 video guide and its still wont do anything, I had tried so many ways to get it to work by moving and different location and just wont read or launch the M3U for the ps3 emulator after I updated and everything Sad  I uploaded a video for everyone to see I had done everything and still giving me this issue. RetroBat wont do anything while is running in background.

here the video link located here

also no matter where the m3u is located is still wont read the m3u Sad
the message keep saying this

"E SYS: Failed to open executable: D:/RetroBat/emulators/rpcs3/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN
E SYS: Booting 'D:/RetroBat/emulators/rpcs3/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN' with cli argument failed: reason: Invalid file or folder
"

Last edited by KittyKattie on 23/07/23, 04:59 am; edited 1 time in total
KittyKattie
KittyKattie

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] My PlayStation 3 Emulator wont read my Game m3u format. Empty Re: [RESOLVED] My PlayStation 3 Emulator wont read my Game m3u format.

Post by matto21 22/07/23, 08:42 am

hello
the game folder must be named like this
Ex.
Angry Bird Trilogy [BLES01732]
copy it to rpcs3/dev_hdd0/disc

or you can do it manually
\dev_hdd0\disc\Angry Bird Trilogy [BLES01732]\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN

Last edited by matto21 on 22/07/23, 09:08 am; edited 1 time in total
matto21
matto21

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] My PlayStation 3 Emulator wont read my Game m3u format. Empty Re: [RESOLVED] My PlayStation 3 Emulator wont read my Game m3u format.

Post by DeadVoivod 22/07/23, 09:08 am

matto21 wrote:hello
Ex.
Hi,

In my experience the game folder can be named whatever you like, obviously for convenience name it after the game, but you don’t need the BLES or BLUS Id in the title.
DeadVoivod
DeadVoivod

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 22/07/23, 09:19 am

Hello
First, you should see if the games run fine, by trying to boot it directly from RPCS3, without Retrobat
If it don't run from emulator, Retrobat can't do nothing more.

Maybe your dump isn't correct ?

[RESOLVED] My PlayStation 3 Emulator wont read my Game m3u format. Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadVoivod 22/07/23, 01:08 pm

Your m3u file points to the wrong location.

You put your game under rpcs3/games/Ridge Racer 7 (USA)(En,Ja)/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN thus RetroBat won’t find it under rpcs3/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN

Like matto21 mentioned, copy all your disc games to rpcs3/dev_hdd0/disc and try to run them first in RPCS3 to see if they run fine.

In your m3u you can use the full path to point to your eboot.bin like c:\rpcs3\dev_hdd0\disc\game name\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN
DeadVoivod
DeadVoivod

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 22/07/23, 01:49 pm

Hello,

Why not put your game folder simply in retrobat\roms\ps3 ?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 22/07/23, 04:41 pm

You do not follow the FAQ well, it is clearly specified that the games must be in the rpcs3/dev_hdd0/ folder of the RPCS3 emulator.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyKattie 22/07/23, 06:34 pm

matto21 wrote:hello
Ex.
copy it to rpcs3/dev_hdd0/disc

or you can do it manually
\dev_hdd0\disc\Angry Bird Trilogy [BLES01732]\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN
their no disc folder in to that location Sad
KittyKattie
KittyKattie

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyKattie 22/07/23, 06:50 pm

Lorenzolamas wrote:You do not follow the FAQ well, it is clearly specified that the games must be in the rpcs3/dev_hdd0/ folder of the RPCS3 emulator.
I moved it there but not reading or showing its own location. Remember Shocked i have follow the wiki and still giving me same error as before. also i tested the game and run fine. but the m3u wont read its location no matter what I do. if you have parsec I can show u that Im not making this stuff up. I also made video on my you channel to show I did put it its own GAME folder location. I even updated the emulator and everything the game running on the emulator but wont do anything when I used BatGUI to read the location but its wont do it. Sad do you understand that I had follow that video guide from JustJamie and i had read the FAQ. Nothing is working. if you don't mind I can join your discord and also do parsec to show you Im not making this stuff up Sad
KittyKattie
KittyKattie

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 22/07/23, 06:59 pm

Can you put your game in the right location ? Else it won't work

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadVoivod 22/07/23, 07:36 pm

Lorenzolamas wrote:the games must be in the rpcs3/dev_hdd0/ folder of the RPCS3 emulator.
There you go, inside the RPCS3 emulator folder.
DeadVoivod
DeadVoivod

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyKattie 22/07/23, 08:40 pm

I need someone with great experiences in this kind of thing and help get the ps3 running on retrobat. I just join the retro bat discord and I have parsec if ANYONE like to join me and help me get it running. I be very greatful. please send me a private message on this forum and I will share my discord contact and my parsec
KittyKattie
KittyKattie

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 23/07/23, 12:57 am

Can you please provide a screenshot with the content of your game folder where we see the path to it ?

You surely did not follow the wiki
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyKattie 23/07/23, 04:27 am

tartifless wrote:Can you please provide a screenshot with the content of your game folder where we see the path to it ?

You surely did not follow the wiki
one the member help figure out what I did wrong and turn out I put in wrong section "was not suppose to be at "D:\RetroBat\emulators\rpcs3\rpcs3\dev_hdd0\game" first place. also I had failed to put the Blueray disc folder also in wrong location as well in the location of "D:\RetroBat\emulators\rpcs3\games" and real located by the right way of putting is suppose to be it at "D:\RetroBat\roms\ps3" and another reason why I failed I forgot to add the ".ps3" at the end of the Blueray folder that I just miss and not over seen this. because the game I own is real blue ray disc and like to say thank you so mush for taking the time to help me your Member Kattie and its now working. "hug"
KittyKattie
KittyKattie

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyKattie 23/07/23, 04:30 am

and I want to respect and say I am so sorry to be a bother you the Moderator and the Admin and once again Im sorry and thank you
KittyKattie
KittyKattie

Back to top Go down

Post by luck 15/04/24, 11:01 pm

Good afternoon, I apologize for bothering you, but I need help, my retrobat won't load the PS3 games, I've done everything! , my ps3 emulator works outside of retrobat but with the retrobat launcher it gives this error rpcs3 unknown fullscreen option, I've already changed my games to .m3u and various formats, I don't know how to solve it Crying or very sad
luck
luck

KittyKattie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyKattie 16/04/24, 05:05 am

luck wrote:Good afternoon, I apologize for bothering you, but I need help, my retro bat won't load the PS3 games, I've done everything! , my ps3 emulator works outside of retro bat but with the retro bat launcher it gives this error rpcs3 unknown full screen option, I've already changed my games to .m3u and various formats, I don't know how to solve it Crying or very sad
I always had an issue with formatting or convert it to the m3u as well and I never understood why the m3u never work for me. the only solution I can say that all my ps3 games work when I download the game and put an ".ps3" at the end of the name folder. that did the trick. the auto generator from Retro bat's Bat GUI never work for me when come to auto generate the m3u.An member from discord help me with my problem and he show me on the retro bat wiki to help me find my answers to get my own ps3 game to work on the Retro Bat had to do other way. because I never had an issue with it when come to full screen for the ps3 emulator with the game.  

here a video I made for you to show you that how I did my for the retro bat and how I got my to work.
KittyKattie
KittyKattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down