RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] PCSX2 with more than 4 controllers

3 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] PCSX2 with more than 4 controllers Empty [RESOLVED] PCSX2 with more than 4 controllers

Post by hozerino 02/08/23, 02:35 am

Hello everyone, good night (or day or afternoon :p). Some days ago I had a house party and tried playing Winning Eleven on PCSX2 via RetroBat with 6 controllers; however it seemed like only 4 controllers were recognized by the emulator (RetroBat interface recognized all 6). After further testing, I realized that I could make them all work if I enabled SDL controllers on PCSX2 and mapped each controller to a port, then launched the game through the emulator (if I launched by RetroBat, it'd ignore my configs). If I tried using XInput, it'd get only 4 XInputs.

Is there an option to allow RetroBat to automap controllers as SDL in PCSX2 without needing to configure individually through the emulator?

I'm using RetroBat 5.3.0 and the auto PCSX2 option.
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] PCSX2 with more than 4 controllers Empty Re: [RESOLVED] PCSX2 with more than 4 controllers

Post by tartifless 02/08/23, 08:01 am

Hello,
If all your controllers are xinput, then indeed it will only allow 4 players, however if one of your controller is not xinput, then it should work.
Xinput has a 4 controller limitation, and Retrobat detects the controller type and maps xinput if the controller is xinput.

What are the models of your 5 or 6 controllers ? If there are 8bitdo in the lot, can you try switching them to switch mode ?

We will make a fix and have 2 options:
1) put a counter of xinput, and if >4, force sdl for additional controllers
2) force sdl if more than 4 controllers are connected

Can you try mapping 4 as xinput and the other ones as sdl (directly in pcsx2) and tell me if that is OK, if yes we'll go for option 1.
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] PCSX2 with more than 4 controllers Empty Re: [RESOLVED] PCSX2 with more than 4 controllers

Post by tartifless 02/08/23, 11:24 am

Hello,

Can you try to unzip the following file in your retrobat\emulationstation folder and test if that fixes the issue ?
EmulationStation update

Please revert back to us after test !
This should configure the first four controllers as XInput and the following ones as SDL...

Regards,
Ben

[RESOLVED] PCSX2 with more than 4 controllers Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

hozerino likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 03/08/23, 04:10 am

tartifless wrote:Hello,

Can you try to unzip the following file in your retrobat\emulationstation folder and test if that fixes the issue ?
EmulationStation update

Please revert back to us after test !
This should configure the first four controllers as XInput and the following ones as SDL...

Regards,
Ben

Ohh, cool! That's awesome, I'll try it out tomorrow when I'm with 5 controllers to test.

However, I'm not sure if adding 4 XInputs + rest as SDL would work. It might end up setting it up like this:
1 - Controller 1 - XInput1
2 - Controller 2 - Xinput2
3 - Controller 3 - Xinput3
4 - Controller 4 - Xinput4
5 - Controller 1 (again) - SDL1

But I'll test it out and report back whenever I can. Thanks a lot!
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 03/08/23, 04:14 am

If all your controllers are xinput, then indeed it will only allow 4 players, however if one of your controller is not xinput, then it should work.
Xinput has a 4 controller limitation, and Retrobat detects the controller type and maps xinput if the controller is xinput.

What are the models of your 5 or 6 controllers ? If there are 8bitdo in the lot, can you try switching them to switch mode ?

We will make a fix and have 2 options:
1) put a counter of xinput, and if >4, force sdl for additional controllers
2) force sdl if more than 4 controllers are connected

Can you try mapping 4 as xinput and the other ones as sdl (directly in pcsx2) and tell me if that is OK, if yes we'll go for option 1.

Oh, I just read this message, I had accidentally skipped it in my mind hehehe...
My controllers are kind of generic:
8BitDo Ultimate
Generic PS3 Controller (recognized as generic Xbox controller)
2 generic PS2 controllers (recognized as generic Xbox controllers as well)
1 Xbox 360 wired controller

I was able to play on my PC with 6 controllers when I forced them all as SDL, so option 2 would easily work.
The first option might cause some troubles liek remapping the same controller as both XInput and SDL, like I commented on the other reply.
I tried mapping all 4 as XInput and the others as SDL but it's hard to know for sure which SDL isn't already mapped as XInput, so the option 2 is the "most direct" one.

And again, thanks for the reply and ideas.
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 03/08/23, 08:17 am

Hello,
It won't register twice the same controller

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 04/08/23, 12:59 am

Hi there! I just tested the fix out, and it didn't work.
I unzipped it and made it overwrite all files that were there.

When I did that, none of the 5 controllers would be recognized. I even set all the PCSX2 settings (inside retrobat) to AUTO.

None of the controllers would receive input in-game.
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 04/08/23, 01:01 am

It won't register twice the same controller

Thanks for the info, I was fearing it because when I activate SDL mode on PCSX2, it shows it like this:

[RESOLVED] PCSX2 with more than 4 controllers Pcsx2_10
That's why I had a hard time trying to configure controller by controller with both XInput and SDL on. The easier way is to have only SDL mode on and go one by one. However, when I do that on PCSX2 manually and then re-launch the game via retrobat, it overrides the configs. And if I turn off AutoConfigure controllers, I'd need to do that whenever a new controller gets plugged in etc.

EDIT: Sorry for the picture quality, I was testing it on a MiniPC on my TV. I also tried to resize it because it was waaaay too big
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 04/08/23, 08:30 am

hozerino wrote:Hi there! I just tested the fix out, and it didn't work.
I unzipped it and made it overwrite all files that were there.

When I did that, none of the 5 controllers would be recognized. I even set all the PCSX2 settings (inside retrobat) to AUTO.

None of the controllers would receive input in-game.

And with only 1 controller connected ?
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 04/08/23, 09:23 am

Hello, can you do an additional try with this one:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Dcu7CdVKrEpWNUjZa3bqRivW_e_y16_x&usp=drive_fs

You will have an advanced option in the settings to "FORCE SDL":
[RESOLVED] PCSX2 with more than 4 controllers PN2WIuZ

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

martos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 07/08/23, 02:36 am

tartifless wrote:Hello, can you do an additional try with this one:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Dcu7CdVKrEpWNUjZa3bqRivW_e_y16_x&usp=drive_fs

You will have an advanced option in the settings to "FORCE SDL":
[RESOLVED] PCSX2 with more than 4 controllers PN2WIuZ

Hi! Sorry for the late reply, I'll give it a test and report back soon. Thanks again!
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 07/08/23, 10:46 pm

Hello, good afternoon (or day or night), I just tested the last solution and it worked flawlessy!

All 5 controllers were recognized individually. Thanks a lot, it will save my house parties heheheh.
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 08/08/23, 10:13 pm

Tops, I'll bring this one to the wiki

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

hozerino likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 09/08/23, 01:21 am

That's awesome!
Will it be brought officially on a future update?
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 12/08/23, 02:32 am

Hello, I have an update!
Yesterday I tried playing with SDL ON and noticed that L1/L2 and R1/R2 didn't work on any controller. I re-maped them and it didn't work. When I turned SDL OFF it worked again (only 3 controllers).

I probably didn't notice it on my first test.
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 12/08/23, 02:45 am

Hello,
Even when you remapped them in PCSX2 they did not work ?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 12/08/23, 03:04 am

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

hozerino likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 12/08/23, 07:38 pm

Even when you remapped them in PCSX2 they did not work ?

I didn't try mapping directly on PCSX2, I used the auto-config from RetroBat. However, if I map one by one on PCSX2 it works, but I lose the "simplicity" of plug-and-play.

I'll test the new build soon, thanks again!
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 14/08/23, 05:32 pm

Hello there, I just tested it out and it worked like a charm! That was awesome!

Is this something that might be included in a 5.3.X update?
hozerino
hozerino

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 14/08/23, 10:32 pm

Yep... ;-)
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

hozerino likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down